GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K04 vs GTX2867R - Which one?

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
A LSD is a magical thing. Probably the single greatest mod I did on my other car in terms of traction and stability. Might do it on the VW too if it’s too squirrely with the k04.

Same. Absolutely a fantastic mod and a must with K04 or greater power levels IMO. I just went from stock diff and K03 on Stage 2 to an MFactory LSD on K04 and the difference is night and day. The LSD completely changes the dynamic in the turns and with launches. Instead of the inner wheel spinning and pushing out/understeering, the diff puts the power on the outside wheel with the most traction. Even in the wet or at part throttle you can feel it kick in and literally pull you around corners. Adding power in turns has been a strange sensation to get used to but extremely rewarding. The feeling on uneven roads is also way more predictable. Going part or wide open throttle doesn't jerk the wheel out of your hand with excessive torque steer. The only time I've had torque steer is when both wheels are spinning and then hook up at the same time.

Yep an LSD is a game changer for sure, It just fixes everything. I really wish more cars came with a real LSD, not these phony E-LSD's that come on the mk7 PP

I agree with Jay, I simply don't know why OEMs don't fit true LSDs from the start, especially helical diffs with no real parts to wear out. The only FWD car I know of with an OE LSD is the Civic Type-R which Chris Harris said, "makes me wonder if the Focus RS really needs to be AWD".

For the sake of this thread and based on what I've been through, I wouldn't even consider a bigger turbo than the K04 unless an LSD is fitted.

Last edited:

beetlegreg

Ready to race!
K04 is more like 320-335 hp, i dont care if you have meth or not they just dont flow enough air to make 400 hp we are talking at the wheel, i have had 2 K04 tsi cars

beetlegreg

Ready to race!
to make high 300s or 400 you need a frankin turbo or better yet a TTE420 but that unit is big money but spools now and will make 400+