GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just picked up my new GTI

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
The boyfriend doesnt seem too happy you left the dark side that is Honda, but you truly are happy! Congrats on the pickup and pure white is the best shade!

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I see you are in Kansas City, so from which dealership did you purchase the car? I got my 17 Sport from Northtowne. Congrats on the car, looks great.

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Congrats on the GTI and welcome to the forums! I also came from 20+ years in the Honda world and love the MQB platform!
It's pretty crazy how much power you can get out of these cars with bolt-ons and a tune.

Let me start you on your journey down the rabbit hole 😁 Modding FAQ

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Congrats and welcome.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
It's not that they're anything spectacular of and by themselves. It's that they're just so much better looking than the usual gti wheels. One of the reasons I wanted a 17 sport specifically was because it came with the only gti wheels that didn't make me retch. Could not stand those food processor blade looking wheels. These newer ones are about the same in terms of "beauty" as the sport's Nogaros. They're also lighter... probably? So that's a win win.

yeah Nogaros are still like 23/24 lbs, Belvs are 17 lol

AntErrickson

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI Autobahn
Congrats and welcome to the club. Urotuning.com, ECStuning.com and ShopDAP.com are addictive.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Agreed, but you can buy wider wheels that weigh the same or less, of course they don't come with the car. They are great OE wheels, just wish they were at least 8" wide. Looks like the Mk8 still comes on 7.5 though.

The problem is what aftermarket wheels actually look good on a GTI at stock ride height? The OE flat face designed wheels seem to draw attention away from the gap.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
The boyfriend doesnt seem too happy you left the dark side that is Honda, but you truly are happy! Congrats on the pickup and pure white is the best shade!
LOL, the "boyfriend" (husband) is the owner. But you're right, the wife looks a lot happier than he does! Maybe it's cuz he finally bought a cool car with an automatic so she can drive it. I predict he'll need to buy another one for himself.

That's kinda buried in a multiquote in the last post on the first page...

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
LOL, the "boyfriend" (husband) is the owner. But you're right, the wife looks a lot happier than he does! Maybe it's cuz he finally bought a cool car with an automatic so she can drive it. I predict he'll need to buy another one for himself.

That's kinda buried in a multiquote in the last post on the first page...
Haha! Thanks for the correction and you are right! She can finally drive his fast and fun hatch!