GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just paid a buck a gallon more for 93. Anybody else thinking about going back to Map 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I can only imagine what agenda alignment of an article with the title "Were gas prices higher when GWB was president?" But, to entertain civil discourse, I read it.

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Also yes.

Nothing misleading about the data I posted. Sited from government sources. Even that partisan puff piece of an article acknowledges it. "We’re not sure where or when the photos of gas signs were taken , but they do accurately reflect the gasoline prices that were in effect at the time."

This article is an opinion piece written trying to fluff up why gas prices rose 400%+ while GWB was in office. Got it. They can't even validate where a photo originated. Nor do they even have the journalistic integrity to use government sources for data.

GTFO with your make believe reality. Your point is clear. You love the color red and hate the color blue.

No no no. You misunderstand.

It's very misleading because there were "extreme circumstances" during the GWB administration that caused higher than normal prices. It wasn't his fault.

Meanwhile, the Biden administration is totally not dealing with any "extreme circumstances", so it is 100% Biden and his administration's fault.

Side question- An ongoing pandemic that affect's nearly every facet of everybody's life doesn't count as an "extreme circumstance", does it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
We’re heading towards Scamdemic territory here folks

I typed up a response yesterday and quickly deleted it because I didn't want to go there. Right now, we're still discussing gas prices lol.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
the difference in cost between 87 and 93 is not 90% lol. That’s like saying if regular is 2.50 premium is 4.75.

the real delta, at least in south Jersey/Philly, is closer to 60/70 cents. So like 3.30 reg, 3.90 premium.

that equates to $6-7 more per fillup every 10 gallons pumped. Our cars, having 13.2gallon tanks with a 2-gallon “reserve” (so really 11.2 tank), fit this schema perfectly.

so no - it is not $50 reg vs $90 premium. It’s $33 vs $40.

make it $1 between reg and prem and you’re looking at a $10 increase on a full tank compared to regular.

if you can’t afford that in a GTI don’t drive a GTI
you misunderstood what I was saying, you said why does everyone care about the price, well when gas was 2.x$ they paid 50$ to fill up in their suv, now at 4$ they pay 100$ to fill up that same large suv. Replace SUV with large truck or Sports car that requires Premium, or a car that takes 87 that someone drives alot

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
People forget the price of fuel does not just effect the price of gas...it effects the price of products on the shelves as well...

Everything is becoming more expensive and it sucks.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
People forget the price of fuel does not just effect the price of gas...it effects the price of products on the shelves as well...

Everything is becoming more expensive and it sucks.
yes roughly 6000 products are made from oil and the price per barrel just hit an high since 2014. Fear mongering of supply shortages and "adjustments" due to covid 19 losses.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
yes roughly 6000 products are made from oil and the price per barrel just hit an high since 2014. Fear mongering of supply shortages and "adjustments" due to covid 19 losses.
Way more than 6000....

When the cost of transporting products increases that cost is passed to the customer. Also, cost of ethanol is through the roof.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Where’s all the inflation deniers now?

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
77B741C8-CFF1-4777-87A1-4B9F36CFD55B.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No no no. You misunderstand.

It's very misleading because there were "extreme circumstances" during the GWB administration that caused higher than normal prices. It wasn't his fault.

Meanwhile, the Biden administration is totally not dealing with any "extreme circumstances", so it is 100% Biden and his administration's fault.

Side question- An ongoing pandemic that affect's nearly every facet of everybody's life doesn't count as an "extreme circumstance", does it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't think it is Biden's fault either. I was not am not a supporter of Bush. It's just that gas prices are mostly out of the control of the president. The pandemic is the reason for the spike in prices.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I don't think it is Biden's fault either. I was not am not a supporter of Bush. It's just that gas prices are mostly out of the control of the president. The pandemic is the reason for the spike in prices.

But it would be better with the other guy in office, right?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's also a global problem. We aren't the only country seeing higher prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.