GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just introducing myself...

Himbo

Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Hello all,

My name is Sinan. I've been lurking on this forum and VWVortex for a couple of months. I've got a Lightening Red BRZ 6spd now but in the process of selling it.

I'm currently looking for a GSW 4mo 6spd. My wife and I are expecting and I need a fun daddy car. I absolutely love my BRZ, but I need something for daddy duties. I was looking for a car with lots of space, decent power, a stick shift, and RWD or AWD. The GSW is the only car that fits the bill. I was strongly considering a JKU Wrangler in stick but they're a bit more expensive than GSW's and I need to save up for a house.

I would have gotten a WRX, but I need the space since my wife and I have a small business. Anyway! I'm excited to get my hands on one when I do find one! Also excited to be a part of this new community!

Cheers!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Excellent choice on the car. Gonna be interesting for you, coming from RWD underpowered go-kart to FWD-biased howevermuchpoweryouwant wagon.

I’m sure you know how many options you have to add power on a GSW 4Motion. All the aftermarket Golf R parts fit the 4Mo wagons, which is really awesome for us because those parts are, as a rule of thumb, higher end, and from super legit shops.

I got out of a GTI and into an Alltrack this year for similar reasons (2 dogs, also saving for house, yada yada), and I’ve been a VW nut for over 10 years. If you have any questions or want any advice for your car, I’m happy to help with whatever knowledge I can share

Himbo

Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
I'm pretty excited. I've always liked wagons! I've been looking into tuning options. Is like to see what I can do with it. It's a shame that this will likely be the last manual wagon with real tuning potential.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I'm pretty excited. I've always liked wagons! I've been looking into tuning options. Is like to see what I can do with it. It's a shame that this will likely be the last manual wagon with real tuning potential.

Agreed. Huge shame. Unless we move to Europe :)

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Agreed, nice choice. If you’re looking for a used car check with:

https://www.vwcpo.com/cpo/

Buying my car cpo has saved mea decent amount of money on things that have failed with my Gti. What kind of small business do you guys operate?

-Martin

Himbo

Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Agreed, nice choice. If you’re looking for a used car check with:

https://www.vwcpo.com/cpo/

Buying my car cpo has saved mea decent amount of money on things that have failed with my Gti. What kind of small business do you guys operate?

-Martin
Thanks!!! I've been looking through cars.com and autotrader.com. Not many 4Mo 6speeds around unfortunately, but I'll definitely go CPO. I finally found a buyer for the BRZ and it should be gone next weekend. It's gonna be so sad to see the car go to someone else but it is what it is.

I still have a full time job but my wife and I have a startup skincare company- natural functional soaps and other products from Turkey. Hopefully it'll allow me to quit my job and work for myself someday. 🤞🏼shameless plug... Saafsoap.com

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
Best of luck with the new car search. Been a happy GSW 4Motion owner for a few years now, short list of mods and you have a fun little grocery getter. 😁

mcl_sean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GSW S 4Motion
Very friendly crowd here! Just got a CPO White Silver '18 4Mo 6 speed! Should come in next week!
Congrats! Lots of people with wagon projects on this forum so great place for answers/advice if (more like when) you start upgrading. Hahaha.

Himbo

Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Congrats! Lots of people with wagon projects on this forum so great place for answers/advice if (more like when) you start upgrading. Hahaha.

I can't wait! Just found out someone swapped the GTI motor into an Alltrack. VW's are kinda like older Subaru's in that you can swap things around.

Himbo

Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Hello all!

Just got this '18 White Silver Metallic GSW 4Mo 6spd. Came from AZ with only 16k miles. So far, it's great! Very comfortable compared to my BRZ, and I can't wait to tune it!

Attachments

• IMG-20201230-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20201230-WA0004.jpeg
    577.6 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG-20201230-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20201230-WA0002.jpeg
    533.1 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20201228_202707422.jpg
    PXL_20201228_202707422.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 80