GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got my first GTI ticket :(

coachfraley

Ready to race!
So I was on my way home tonight, and I sat in traffic for like 30 minutes (yes on a Saturday). Got off the freeway and onto a side street, so I opened her up...then saw the flashing lights in my mirror. I guess I was going 70 in a 35, in the rain. I thought the cop would be impressed, but he yelled at me! Wrote me up for 55...oh well. It was just a matter of time I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
Classic mistake my man lol. Pretty much every ticket I ever got was from pent up speed rage waiting in traffic. Second you see open road ya gunned it lol.

Don't get another one for 3 years

HXP

Ready to race!
I got stopped in a rented Camaro SS in Texas - offericer was ultra polite - gave me a wrning ticket as a ' toursit '

- I was quite impressed to be honest with the way he dealt with me.

Guess good and bad police as in the UK.

HXP

Last edited:

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
Haha I had my car for a week and also got one 19 over. Back road where no1 ever goes by my house. This night a cop was sitting. Luck.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
same thing happened to me with my mk6 one time. I got out of shopping center and passed a prius (not to prove something way), accelerated briskly in 2nd gear up to 35-40 iirc, lot of people drive that fast there. this was in old town part of county where its a 25 mph limit portion then gets up to 35 in 500 feet. I know cops hide there, but i checked and weren't any. Then about quarter to half mile later, i saw lights of a crown victoria thinking theres an emergency situation so i pulled on side of road and bam he's right behind me. Officer was nice though, and decide to ticket me at 35 when he clocked 40.

Now i drive at max 30 since i drive there everyday and lot of people tailgate me like crazy because not a lot of people drive that slow there. I used to do the same thing until this happened. Especially knowing the district of that area is known as really strict punishment, fines and money grabbers.

coachfraley

Ready to race!
Thanks for all the replies. I can see that it is a common problem when you have such a fun vehicle.

I'm just going to have to be satisfied with getting up to the speed limit quickly, lol.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for all the replies. I can see that it is a common problem when you have such a fun vehicle.

I'm just going to have to be satisfied with getting up to the speed limit quickly, lol.

at least you live in a state where radar detectors are legal and have nice canyon twisties, unlike where i live, unless i drive 2 hours. Even if i have some decent twisties, it's filled with potholes and ruins the fun.

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
I got clocked in at 107 in a 55 on my commute home. $100 in ticket clinic later, I didn't have to pay the ticket nor did I receive points *winning*

thunderstruck1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Thank goodness I only drive 1 day a week. Haven't been caught since the days of my F150 Lightning. Traffic tends to move pretty good here in Chicago, so I just have a momentary indiscretion every now and then. They are always on the lookout on Friday and Saturday nights for DUI, so that's never an option. There are a few areas in between on ramps on the toll roads where I will hammer it.

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
Idk. Miami/Fl troopers aren't very lenient. I do speed here and there. I've found that with sticking with going 10-15% above the speed limit they'll leave you alone. I had an rx8 and a corvette that I went batsh*t fast in. I drive this GTI conservatively and I get my first damn ticket [emoji36]

coachfraley

Ready to race!
I think you are jumping the gun a little marineboy. You are making an assumption about the situation and the street that I was driving on. The street is one block from my house so I know the layout very well. The street has a 6 ft. median, so it can't be crossed by kids, and the other side of the street is a vacant lot that is fenced off.

Maybe you are just trolling, but your comment is pretty irresponsible.

dimitri_92

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07' Ram 3500 *4Sale
Rain? Built up areas? Don't be a negative nancy lol. You didn't get a GTI to go 35. And most of us do our speeding on highways when they are unpopulated late at night. Think before you speak :)