GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just got my Downpipe! And I'm slipping

Frank0577

Passed Driver's Ed
What's up guys

I just got my DP installed and stage 2 ECU
and everything was good for about 300 miles then my clutch started slipping I'm at about 1500 miles total since I just got my car last month and was wondering if it was normal for a clutch to start slipping so fast I mean I knew I was gonna have to upgrade to a stage 2/3 clutch but didn't know it would be so soon :confused:

Also I'm in the market for a new clutch but don't know anything about them do i need just the disk and keep my stock fly wheel and pressure plate or do I upgrade everything really need some help guys thanks

LeGti

Ready to race!
Search for "RSR clutch": there's a forum member that reviewed it positively. Parts are around a grand iirc.

Good luck & keep us posted please.

Zach@etektuning

Eurotek!
What's up guys

I just got my DP installed and stage 2 ECU
and everything was good for about 300 miles then my clutch started slipping I'm at about 1500 miles total since I just got my car last month and was wondering if it was normal for a clutch to start slipping so fast I mean I knew I was gonna have to upgrade to a stage 2/3 clutch but didn't know it would be so soon :confused:

Also I'm in the market for a new clutch but don't know anything about them do i need just the disk and keep my stock fly wheel and pressure plate or do I upgrade everything really need some help guys thanks

Check out some southbend clutches

Very nice setups and if you decide to go higher clamping force you do not have to change flwheels.

http://www.etektuning.com/dxd-clutch-and-flywheel-kit-for-vw-mk7-golf-gti-2-0-tsi/

dc22

Ready to race!
The $1,000 for the clutch doesnt seem too bad...but how much is the labor? That has to be at least another $500+ right?

OP - sorry to hear about the clutch slipping.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
What's the difference between SMF And DMF and witch one do i need

Hi
Oh man I remember the countless hours of research on this topic once I started slipping at less than 1/2 way to my first dealer maintenance. After market flywheels seem to be a little like "DSG vs Manual" conversations but I'll take a stab and duck for cover [emoji51]

DMF: duel mass, think 2 pieces sandwiched with a handful of dampers and springs, what's in your car now, low noise, can be heavier than SMF and generally not what you'll find in a pure performance clutch package.

SMF: single mass, one chunk of metal, can be lighter, can be purpose built to performance goals, louder, lighter. Search out clutch chatter for what I mean by loud.

Keeping a DMF was very important to me so when I was searching chatter was a no go for me. Not a lot of DMF options (RSR, Sachs) but the RSR kit is pretty dang good if I must say so myself [emoji106]?There is now also that fluid damper that claims to even out the vibrations that cause that chatter. Looks good if you decide SMF is what you need.

Good luck to you!
Jimmy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dc22

Ready to race!
Jimmy - that's an informative post on the differences of dmf vs smf - thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk