GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just a Nightmare

Dtomd

Car(s)
Golf Mark 7 GT
The leaks keep coming! I fixed the dreaded leak in the boot due to drain pipe eroding In the boot lid with a £5 part. I dried it all out but car was still musty....

water also has been coming in through rear speaker issues in the rear doors. Absolute nightmare. The carpets feel dry in the rear footwells but the matting underneath are drenched!! I’m hiring a carpet cleaner to try and get rid of excess water to help it dry out. I have tried dehumidifier but it’s slow and weather in UK isn’t warm to get the water in the atmosphere of the car for the machine to suck it up. Anyone got any other ideas? If I remove front seats, should I disconnect batter first?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Have you dried any of the moisture absorbers?

damprid

If the water is still coming in this won't help but if you've stopped the water incursion then it might be what you need to remove the remaining moisture trapped in the car.

Hopefully others have some recommendations for similar products.

Dtomd

Car(s)
Golf Mark 7 GT
Hi thanks. I bought a moisture absorber from Amazon and have kept that in the car. There is just so much water though - I dread to think how long water has been getting in as you just couldn’t tell from the carpets as they’re dry to the touch. I’m sure some nice summer sunshine will warm the car up and help with all of that but just can’t wait that long lol

cb1111

Hi thanks. I bought a moisture absorber from Amazon and have kept that in the car. There is just so much water though - I dread to think how long water has been getting in as you just couldn’t tell from the carpets as they’re dry to the touch. I’m sure some nice summer sunshine will warm the car up and help with all of that but just can’t wait that long lol
You mean that one day in early August?