GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JCB VW Dealership Kent customer reviews

GTD184

Ready to race!
Just browsing the Golf GTi forum and came across a thread relating to JCB VW.

It appears that JCB have ties with DTD with supplying what are the cheapest VW's in the UK......have to confess I was thinking of placing an order with them via DTD but based on the customer feedback it appears that there is a price to pay in exchange for the big discounts!!:(.......many customers are not happy with the vehicle handovers and the preparation of their vehicles, some are even complaining of paint damage due to poor and improper PDI and poor customer service!!

Looks like I will have to re consider using DTD!!:(

Anyone on this forum purchased through JCB?

Melchett

Took them a week to get back to me after placing an order through DTD and then it was a call at 6pm as I was driving home from work. I had to ring DTD to chase them as well.

Not overly impressed so far, it feels almost like they are doing you a favour.

GTD184

Ready to race!
Took them a week to get back to me after placing an order through DTD and then it was a call at 6pm as I was driving home from work. I had to ring DTD to chase them as well.

Not overly impressed so far, it feels almost like they are doing you a favour.

Judging by comments on the GTI Forum your impressions are valid.

I'm sure DTD would like or should know about the customer concerns that are being stated as DTD are going to suffer the consequences should it continue?.....if I was handed over my new car in the condition of some of those quoted I would be on the blower to VWCS rapid fashion!!

ChrisMK7

My GTD has been ordered through DTD/JCB VW Kent. I have only good things to say so far (I have yet to receive my car as it is in transit) but the customer service from both DTD initially was good, they were quick to get back to me and answered any questions I had. Once the order was placed I was contacted within a couple of days and since then everything as gone smoothly, I get regular updates and they have always been accommodating when I have called to make changes to the spec etc. Cant fault them really, much better than my local dealer who basically told me the GTD was too hard for them to get hold of so I would be better off buying a Polo they had in stock…..hmmm

Obviously time will tell when I get the car next month.

Chris

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I echo what Chris above says - I think the preparation issues that have been mentioned can apply to any dealership and not just JCB. If anyone is concerend about it then simply request they dont touch the car externally and pop is over to the local detailer who is one of the top detailers in the country. Yes you will pay a few hundred quid for that but if you are saving four grand then why not.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I echo what Chris above says - I think the preparation issues that have been mentioned can apply to any dealership and not just JCB. If anyone is concerend about it then simply request they dont touch the car externally and pop is over to the local detailer who is one of the top detailers in the country. Yes you will pay a few hundred quid for that but if you are saving four grand then why not.

Sound sense there.