GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB1 VW GTI Clubsport ED40 Released

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
We have released the JB1 plug and play VW GTI Clubsport unit. With a firmware change the JB1 from the revision 2 unit and on is compatible.

The unit can be ordered here: http://burgertuning.com/vw_volkswagen_Group1_JB1_tuner.html

For the US readers this is a GTI that comes stock with a slightly detuned VW R motor running a IS38 and is front wheel drive.

Below is a dyno graph of the gains using 98Ron with a boost increase to 5.0 in map 1. Power is shown calculated back to the flywheel with before and after in overboost mode. The unit does not over ride the overboost feature and the gains are similar when off and on it.

Here is a video of a acceleration run with a test car: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v912iQdFRDc

A second test vehicle was modified by one of our dealers with a catless downpipe and intake. Below are the results, power is at the wheels in this graph again in overboost mode for both runs. This car has already achieved a quarter mile time of 12.4@111mph on its first outing at 5500ft altitude track.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
This is awesome! Can't run this on a GTI w/IS38 though, correct?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
This is awesome! Can't run this on a GTI w/IS38 though, correct?

The base tune is already there so its like we adding a JB1 to the R.
We putting a lot of effort on JB4 IS38 which has been my daily for the past few weeks after testing the majority of flashes on it.
We going to start beta testing a US IS38 GTI most likely from the end of the month, he has been using a JB1 with it for the past 4 months and is very technical so is aware of the shortfalls. We keeping our US GTI stock turbo for now for the IS20 guys.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Amazing times there George. Looking forward to the jb4!!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Great to hear you guys are testing the JB4! If you ever need more beta testers, you know me and the 100 others are here to help haha

I figured it wouldn't support the IS38, but always worth asking ;)

Sadly it will require an uprated clutch since it's way too much torque for the stock one.

boxster

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Here is a quick review of my install and performance outcome, first of all as my unit is from the previous version, I had to upgrade the firmware. The installation was simple, the file took few minutes to upload and update the unit. I didn’t had to change the settings as the Boost safety was already set at 4.8 and fuel open loop at 40.

Now the surprising part, the car is genuinely transformed as it now wilder then my Golf R and S3 with the JB1. The acceleration is sharp and immediate and the power delivery is instant especially on the mid rang. The speedo just jumps instantly to illegal speeds.

The most crazy part is when the boost kicks in third gear, wow what a feeling, you are simply pushed back to the seat and the car surges forward intensely. Also the pops and bangs from the exhaust are now louder.

My overall impression thus far is beyond expectations as George have simply performed magic to my clubsport and words cannot describe how happy I am with this install….Full respects to George.

LeGti

Ready to race!
516Nm of torque!! Very impressive indeed!! Kudos to you George & the JB team!!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
does adding this void the VW warranty?

Any tune or piggyback can void your warranty. That being said, as long as you remove the JB1 prior to taking it into the dealership, it's probably the hardest device for them to detect.

George can chime in, but I don't know of a single person whose JB1 was detected.