GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
It's not really worth the money in my opinion and I got a 15% discount. It's an easy install but do not use BFI's YouTube video as a guide. It's misleading and I've had conversations with them about it. They told me they'd include a link to actual instructions. The knob doesn't come with any written instructions.

Obviously you have to get used to lifting the knob vs pressing the trigger to move it in and out of gear. That took me like half a day.

All in all I'm happy with the shift knob but unless you have extra $$ hanging around I'd put the money into other mods. It's just too expensive for what you get.

Good to know. It looks great though. Really fits in nicely with the rest of the interior

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
Lots of stuff this week!

Klii steering wheel overlay

Plastidipped the EZ Pass and mounted it high. Tested and works at the tolls!

I stuck my ez pass after spray painting it onto the backside of the mirror itself. Totally invisible and always works.

Gunter

Passed Driver's Ed
I got this idea when I was in Germany and saw various Golfs with stickers on the side that said “city”, “cup”, and “cross” and I decided to add “cup” badges to Günter’s fenders I also added in the rubber floor mats not sure you’d consider that a mod or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayzer12

pulling 12v outlet

Alright...good news...got the old one popped out using a screwdriver to get leverage and pull it up.

Question....did you just cut off the adapter to rewire?

I have three wires into adapter...two for 12v and one for the light ring around the old 12V socket/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Jimboski10

It sounds like you have the light around yours, which I have on my 2016 GTI. Forcing it up with a screwdriver worked out okay, nothing broke?

Also, in looking at the instructions there was something about a torx at the bottom, but mine doesn't seem to have that either. Did you undo the torx at the bottom first, or did yours not have that either?

Thanks!

jimboski10

Ready to race!
@Jimboski10

It sounds like you have the light around yours, which I have on my 2016 GTI. Forcing it up with a screwdriver worked out okay, nothing broke?

Also, in looking at the instructions there was something about a torx at the bottom, but mine doesn't seem to have that either. Did you undo the torx at the bottom first, or did yours not have that either?

Thanks!

I did have the light around mine....it knocked the light out of it, but I did not think it a big deal since I no longer needed the light. I had no torn at the bottom either. I made sure to test out functionality before putting it back in (the new usb outlet)....has been working like a charm since install.

rayzer12

I did have the light around mine....it knocked the light out of it, but I did not think it a big deal since I no longer needed the light. I had no torn at the bottom either. I made sure to test out functionality before putting it back in (the new usb outlet)....has been working like a charm since install.

Thank you. I was able to pry it up using a screwdriver and interior pry tools. Interesting note on the 3 wires. Brown = ground, Red = hot (12v), Blue = hot (2-3v). I am guessing that the blue was connected to the light, as that would not have needed much juice. I have mine in, and all is working great. I would post a pic, but it looks just like the others!

jimboski10

Ready to race!
Thank you. I was able to pry it up using a screwdriver and interior pry tools. Interesting note on the 3 wires. Brown = ground, Red = hot (12v), Blue = hot (2-3v). I am guessing that the blue was connected to the light, as that would not have needed much juice. I have mine in, and all is working great. I would post a pic, but it looks just like the others!

Glad to hear you got it going!

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Did you plasti dip the whole ezpass or just the 5 sides that don't face the windscreen?

You can plasti dip the whole ezpass and not have an issue. That's what we did with our two vehicles but we also don't have it behind the black part of teh window though