GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's here....

Hensonman

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered on 10 Feb, BW 13' arrived in UK 31 March, handed over today, 14 April.

Golf 7 GT, 2.0 TDI 150PS, DSG, 5 door. Urano Grey. Only option I took was Climate Control. Not as exotic as some of the Golfs on this forum, but it suits what I want (I had the Golf GTI 1.8 Mk 1 in the early 1980s and today's equivalent would be just tooooo much for me...).

It's a lovely car and a very different beast from the Mk6 I part exchanged. And the Grey is much nicer than I was expecting.

Handover took 90 mins, included a drive and good talk through. Also an offer to take me though ACC in a week or so. Paintwork seems fine, too sunny to wash and wax this pm, but I will try it this evening. All seems to work fine. I discovered that the plastic boot liner accessory doesn't fit the boot when the floor is in the lower position, so I've had a refund for that.

I'll take it gently for the first 1000 miles, although the salesman said these days there's no real need.

I have photos, now scratching my head to get them the right size for uploading.

Back to the manuals...

MP808

Congrats! Your going to enjoy :D

That's interesting to know about the boot liner I was planning on getting one this weekend. I will have to re think.

Enjoy!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Boot liners can be purchased in upper or lower position designs, they are different (I mean on ebay - not sure about 'official' ones). I got mine as a lower design and I actually have it permanently fitted but covered by the boot floor in the upper position to give a very handy concealed storage area.

Hensonman

Passed Driver's Ed
Boot liners can be purchased in upper or lower position designs, they are different (I mean on ebay - not sure about 'official' ones). I got mine as a lower design and I actually have it permanently fitted but covered by the boot floor in the upper position to give a very handy concealed storage area.
Thanks for the good wishes guys. And for the info Mark V.

I'm on page 122 of the manual at the moment.....

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
Glad you like your new car, hope you have many happy miles driving.

I always run new cars in for 1000 miles

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Excellent stuff, glad all good and you're happy so far. Urano Grey is far better in the flesh I agree. Mine will pass the magic 1000 mile marker this week, though to be fair already been giving the right foot some exercise when I passed the 500 mile marker.

Hensonman

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks both Red and Blue ! Just done a night jaunt and the ambient lighting is a real treat.

nauend

Passed Driver's Ed

Mark, do you have a link to the liner you purchased? I've only seen the upper ones but the lower sounds useful. Thanks.

Hensonman

Passed Driver's Ed
As promised, here are a couple of photos. It was actually quite sunny...

Attachments

• Front of Golf on day 1.jpg
    Front of Golf on day 1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 550
  • Rear of Golf on day 1.jpg
    Rear of Golf on day 1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 525