GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue with Infotainment Center

AversaS

I have a 2015 Golf R. Today, something very strange happened to my infotainment center that made me rather frustrated.

So, my iPhone lost service in an area that I usually have signal. I restarted my phone. When everything was up again, I re-opened Spotify.

My screen showed the song that was playing, the timer was moving, but no sound. The volume was up.

I closed Spotify and restarted the app. Nothing. I toggled my bluetooth on/off. Nothing.

I tried to make a call and that worked.

So, I closed Spotify and tried Apple Music. Same thing happened. It showed up on my infotainment center, the timer was going, I was able to skip songs and go back - just no sound.

When I got home, I turned my car off and on, and tried again. Nothing.

Does anybody know what's up and how to fix this?

IDriveaGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had simularissues with Spotify and the now playing. Even when switching to pandora it'll still act up. Only since ios10 update though. Worked pretty flawlessly before 10.

Usually I will cycle the radio and phone to get it working

AversaS

I did everything I could think of - including unpairing my phone and setting it up again. That didn't work.

As I was messing around trying to get it to work, I accidentally held the home button in too long and Siri popped up. As soon as that happens, my music started working again.

So! If you having this issue, where everything is working properly but no sound is coming out of your radio via bluetooth streaming, hold the home button until Siri pops up and that should do the trick!

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
I've had a similar problem with my 15 gti. Since new sound sometimes does not come out. Regardless of source. People can hear me but I can't hear them. Sometimes sound comes on in few seconds or as long as 45 min. Have had multiple down loads of updates. Latest seems to have worked. A lot less incidents but still happens occasionally. Once sound is on its fine. Got in a habit of leaving system on during short stops.
Ef

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk