GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is20 swap without tune/jb4

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
Got a smoking deal on an is20 & GFB DV+ and was wanting to install this weekend while the wifey is out of town ?.

Do I need to wait until I order and install my jb4 or is it safe to run for a few weeks without. This is is20 swap would be the first real mod.

Thanks

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
You can run it no problem. Will actually be a little faster than stock, but nothing compared to once you get the jb4. A downpipe will also help a lot with it. Even just a stock gti downpipe will be an upgrade because of the diameter

Square1

Go Kart Champion
What was the code? Could be related to wastegate adjustment or learning.
I honestly never scanned it. I just assumed it was tune related and it disappeared with the tune a few days later. All the bolt ons were done at the same time as the turbo swap.
Mind you the turbo shit the bed two months later. I'm not sure if that's related.

jmsanders

Passed Driver's Ed
You can run it no problem. Will actually be a little faster than stock, but nothing compared to once you get the jb4. A downpipe will also help a lot with it. Even just a stock gti downpipe will be an upgrade because of the diameter
Will i need to drive it easy/stay out of boost until i get the jb4? I am just learning about this so any info is helpful

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
The fact that the turbo went shortly after is probably related. I've had a plug get loose on the jb4 and drove just is20 and downpipe on the stock tune for like a week. I beat the piss out of it because I needed to make the car move. It was definitely a lit slower than with a jb4, but felt faster than when stock. Never got a CEL or EPC