Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I was looking at an R online that was at a local dealership and in the pictures it showed 52 miles on the odo. So I guess some are allowing them, unless the Dealership GM decided he would drive it for a day or something.

Stevie1

Ready to race!
Haha I'll take the bait. Have been seriously considering the R for about 6 months and when I found this place decided to get all the input owners would share, especially about mechanical/electrical issues and mileage which is very important to me.

Also I owned a VW and had terrible luck with it to say the least so for sure I'm wary of the brand.

Curious Stevie if you've had any issues since ownership and what's your mpg (city/hwy/ave) in case you track it?

Only one issue - scratch on the door, quite small. Must have been the dealer.
Low 20's mpg, but this is the UK and I'm getting my money's worth! 300bhp under the right foot. Also the handling is quite amazing as well.

My only real concern was that the ride would be too harsh, but I've been pleasantly surprised. It's on the firm side but no real problem. First week of ownership involved a 500 mile round trip up to Scotland and back. Not as nice as the A8 I used to own, but acceptable.

Just about ok with the nine month wait now....

Last edited:

Stevie1

Ready to race!
I was looking at an R online that was at a local dealership and in the pictures it showed 52 miles on the odo. So I guess some are allowing them, unless the Dealership GM decided he would drive it for a day or something.

Agreed, mine arrived with 5 miles on the clock

Golf RRR

How can The Goat be a troll? The story as I remember it, had 4 protagonists; 3 billy goats and one troll.
:lol:

Haha I'll take the bait. Have been seriously considering the R for about 6 months and when I found this place decided to get all the input owners would share, especially about mechanical/electrical issues and mileage which is very important to me.

Also I owned a VW and had terrible luck with it to say the least so for sure I'm wary of the brand.

Curious Stevie if you've had any issues since ownership and what's your mpg (city/hwy/ave) in case you track it?
Mad props, man- that was very well done.