GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

is it worth it?

pavlo1994

Cruisin in my Emm-Kay-4
well, i guess ill wait and then when d90 goes on sale. Ill pick it up.

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Seems to me that if you're only looking to shoot parties and other occassional events, then you don't even really need a D5000. I mean, I have it and so far I think it's the perfect body for me, but I try to shoot quite a bit, too. I bought mine for shooting my kiddo and will probably upgrade as he gets older.

But if you're only going to be shooting when you get bored, go for something like a D40. You can usually find them for about $400-$500 with the 18-55mm kit lens. THe only realy difference between the D40 and the D5000 is the 11-point AF feature that's also on the D90 IIRC. Other than that, the D5000 is more or less a D40 body with a swivel screen.

Otherwise, spend the money and snag the NewEgg deal Advan posted before it's gone. Then you won't feel the need to upgrade later on if you decide to start shooting more.

AdvanSuper

Banned
You can do this deal if you want to go with Canon. This is a deal and you can sell the printer or keep it after you get the rebate.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpost.php?p=30752134&postcount=1

Items: $1,358.53
Shipping & Handling: $36.53
Super Saver Discount: -$36.53
Promotion Applied: -$200.00
Promotion Applied: -$12.39

Total Before Tax: $1,158.53
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Less MIR -$400.00

Final Price $758.53

BLKSUNSHINE

Banned
Car(s)
BAGGED MKV GTI
A Nikon D-90 is a good investment if you are looking to shoot long term. Reason I say that is the AF-S is built into the body of the camera.. which means lenses (which you will want down the line) will be a bit cheaper... abit... so it will save you down the road.

If you purchase a Nikon DSLR under a D90, you will have to purchase lenses with the AF-S built into the lense which are alot more money.

Kevin

pavlo1994

Cruisin in my Emm-Kay-4
yea, i went down to costco =p today and checked out both cannon t2i and a d90 and i have to say that the d90's grip is absolutely amazing. The cannon is very cut around meaning like you hold the camera with no comfort, but the d90 it feels like the grip is made around your hand. Also it has quite a few more functions the t2i doesent.