GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intro yo Bad Self...

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Ok this kinda came up in another thread...

This forum has gotten going for a while now. Some of us have made some friendships, and we've all made this a pretty darn good community....

Now, I think it's kinda lame to call each other by our "callsigns" especially when we are in contact almost every day. Let's take this time to re-introduce ourselves, I'll start...

I'm Matt. I'm 20 years old, and I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This coming fall I'll be a Junior at The University of Minnesota. I did My first two years at the University of Montana, and didn't really enjoy it. I was going to transfer to U of So. Cal, but at teh last minute here I decided to stay close to home and finish out at the Univ. of Minn.

I'm working full time at a sporting goods and apparel store here in town. I'm a manager now (how I could afford the GTI) and that's all going well. I'm planning on becoming a personal trainer and would really like to open my own sports training institute working with high school athletes. I need about 5 more semesters, and then we'll see what happens!

Anyway just wanted to throw some stuff out there after thinking about everything.:headbang: :burnrubber:

Last edited:

Parrothead

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
cool idea

I'm Justin. I'm 21 years old and I live a little south of Atlanta, GA. I went for 2 years to the Univ. of West Georgia, but juggling work, flight school, and college all at the same time got to be too much, so I went to flight school and worked all the time. I should have stayed in school, but I'm going to start taking online classes soon. I'm currently flying for Atlantic Southeast Airlines (Delta Connection...regional carrier) the pay really sucks, so until I got a raise it was tough to have much money after bills. I'd eventually like to fly seaplanes for someone down in the florida keys... or get the hell out of the aviation industry, do something with IT and make enough money to fly just for fun.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
Ill bite

Im Paul, i currently live outside Atlanta Ga but hopefully moving back to my real home in Ft.lauderdale FL...im currently unemployed which would be the reason im moving back...but i do side work on computers...ive also been a body piercer which was one of the jobs i loved the most...i also work on cars on occasion

as for edumacation...i never went to college but i did a technical schools for automechanics and IT

i like long walks on the beach,midnight candlelight dinners..lol....well thats about it for me

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
im sure you know enough about me..

17 (almost 18) yo student doing IT but mite do mechanics later on.. want to open garage wth a friend of mine (iani) and im benny.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
kirk180 said:
OK Freek, but only if it's a gentle scrape. You know I don't kike when the teeth get hung up on it.
yea, and i hope he doesnt have braces either.

My name is Alfonso, 20 years old, I live in houston, TX. I work for Memorial Hermann Hospital as a Patient Advocate. i help patients get on government supplemental programs if they dont have insurance. i go to school part time and work full time.

i love to work on cars, every now and then I help my friend Wolf work on cars for the fuck of it.

alf

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
kirk180 said:
OK Freek, but only if it's a gentle scrape. You know I don't kike when the teeth get hung up on it.

ahh but alittle scrap of the teeth every now and then is a good thing...and i only bite the tip...lol

and no braces here man...so Alf u dont gotta worry about that now!

:laugh:

JimmyT

Redneck Engineer
Car(s)
2011 135i
My name is Jim, and I'm on my 5th Volkswagon now, and can't wait to get my new one. My wife and I own two MK IV gti, a 2001 GTI GLX, and a 2003 with a 1.8t Tiptronic. My wife and I have a deal, when I get promoted to Captian, I get to pick out and buy the next car.
I've been in the Army for 18 years, entering as a Privite and working my way up to First Sergeant. I applied and was accepted to OCS, and was commissioned as a 2nd Leiutenant in the Infantry. I've attended and passed quite a few schools, most notible being Ranger, Pathfinder, Jumpmaster. Being in the Army, I have deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan.
I have really enjoyed owning My GTIs, and like the way both cars have such different personalities on the street. To keep my wife happy, I may be buying a Smart car in the near future. She was able to own one when I was stationed in Italy, and she has wanted another one since...

johnny12345

Touring Car Champion
O.K my name is John. I'm 27 and I live on Vancouver Island, B.C. No post secondary education for me. I work in the forest industry as a Faller.(cut down trees). Ya it plays on my concience sometimes, leveling old growth forest but the way I look at is that if it was'nt me out there it would be somebody else, I might as well reap the rewards as well. It a pretty cool job though, beautiful scenery out here. Second real VW, had an mk3 vr6 Jetta, now 07 GTI. Skateboarding, snowboarding, driving my cars and motorbikes is usually how I pass the time. Oh yeah I spend too much time on this sight as well......... PEACE

Dub Factor

Jagshemesh!
I'm Pete, 37, did me some learnin' at the U. of Oklahoma back in the day and now I work as a project manager for BP. I am not responsible for the price of gas. I'm a single Dad and my daughter lives with me full time. Because of that, I have lots of free time in the evenings to enjoy this site. Cheers !

rental_metard

Ready to race!
Second guy from Vancouver Island!

I'm Adam (23) I ordered my 07 CW Rabbit 2door and should arrive in early fall. I work in the IT industry (from home) as well for a forex charting software company, we plot the path of one currency against another. I also work at a local restraunt as a supervisor and general hellraiser. This'll be my second VW :)

bilbos

On the Kop
I'm John, 35, married and living in PA, about 40 miles NW of Philly.

Originally from the UK, I studied and obtained a Chemistry degree and have been working in the industry ever since leaving University.

I transferred to the US last September with my company, who makes automotive catalysts (amongst many other things). Just in the process of having a house built, which is pretty exciting.

I am a major car nut and never stay happy with my choice of vehicle for very long. I always want the next best thing. I love my German makes, VW, Audi etc. and will hopefully be purchasing a Mk2 TT when they arrive in the US.

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
Im Andrew and 25.
I live about two blocks outside the east point of dc. I have a BS in Mechanical Engineering from UMBC and now work for the government. This is not only my first volkswagen, but my first car ever.