GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Integrated Engineering - Why Can't I Find Any Threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
I’m blunt and to the point no matter what the situation, take it or leave it.
Guess I'll leave it then (y)
I explained right off the bat that I wasn’t going into detail as to why IE isn’t a good choice. He could’ve taken that as a tally towards no, don’t go with IE & moved on to those with feedback claiming it was a good idea.
Don't weigh in in this scenario then (y)
(also, your reason for saying they aren't a good choice was just "they are new" which is fine, but not really a genuine reason to avoid them.)
As for the guy you called out for still recommending EQT the OP never once acknowledged that EQT offers OTS tunes which come highly recommended. Don’t want advice or options? Don’t ask questions on public forums.
OP said in their original post he does not want an AP. They also said they were starting this thread since there is a lack of threads on IE's tune. So instead of helping create a decent IE tune feedback thread we're getting the same "EQT or nothing" thread. Instead of discussion on a hardly touched subject we get the same thing said in any tune thread.

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
17 Golf R 6MT
Op wants ie tune, asks for feedback.

Replies say don't bother and go with something better (eqt, etc).

Op tells them to stop replying unless it's something positive about ie and will get it regardless of feedback.

Point of thread? Error 404.

It's your car. Do what you want.

/thread.
What an unhelpful and disingenuous response.
IE is a terrible company that will turn their back on you when there's an issue. Have seen it first hand enough times to say that with confidence. Sadly EQT just hired IE's old cronie Dave. Only a matter of time before he starts with the same antics that gave IE a bad reputation.
I have had the complete opposite experience. Literally replying to all my emails and questions within a few hours. They worked to fix a problem that was caused by me, and no cost to me, while being very responsive. You were tuned by IE?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
What an unhelpful and disingenuous response.

I have had the complete opposite experience. Literally replying to all my emails and questions within a few hours. They worked to fix a problem that was caused by me, and no cost to me, while being very responsive. You were tuned by IE?
My very good friend who I've helped along the way bought a complete built engine from them. It grenaded during the break in, they turned their back on him and he was out $20k.

Here's a pic of the "machined" head they sent him. Looks like a 3rd grader went at it with a wire wheel. He sent it to a different company and had everything done properly. The block they sent him was a rusted out junkyard block they supposedly re built. Just shameful. I'm glad you had a good experience, many others have not.

received_236758137712751.jpeg

Here's what it's supposed to look like.
received_218381759375737.jpeg

Last edited:

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
OP, I'm just curious as to why you want IE for your OTS tune?

I never said I wanted an IE tune. I said I was considering them, and stacking them up against the competition. I came here because I couldn't find much information. It would be nice to have the data to make an informed decision. I'm impartial to any tuner, and therefore would hate to leave something on the table by simply not exploring the option due to company bias. Which it seems many in this thread fall into that category.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Op wants ie tune, asks for feedback.

WRONG - Said I was considering an IE tune and wanted information. I then said I was prob going with UM, but didn't want to muddy the waters by mentioning a different tuner while attempting to gather data to make an informed decision.

Please read the damn thread before you chime in.
Replies say don't bother and go with something better (eqt, etc).

Op tells them to stop replying unless it's something positive about ie and will get it regardless of feedback.

Never said this... not once. You are completely missing the point of this thread. I'm asking for feedback, good or bad, to stack up a tuner against the rest of the competition. I've said this over and over. Again, please READ THE FUCKING THREAD BEFORE YOU REPLY AND SOUND LIKE AND IDIOT. I'm looking for DATA from people who either have the tune on their car currently, or have tuned with them in the past. I'm not on the IE bandwagon, I'm not partial to their tunes are equipment or bias to any other tuner for that matter... as a matter of fact, I don't know anything about them, which is the reason I started this thread.

Point of thread? Error 404.

It's your car. Do what you want.

/thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.