GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed springs, error lights going crazy

rubb3r

Passed Driver's Ed
So today I startup my car, and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree as usual, car beeping at me and everything. And then after a few minutes of driving, I suddenly notice that my power steering has come back. I check the dash and all the lights are gone. I can turn my traction control on and off. No error codes popping up in the car menu. This was around the 80 mile mark.

gchen6850

Ready to race!
Just my two cents, because I had a similar situation, so I'm not sure if you want to look into this as well.

I did a self-install of VWR springs, and when I finished and started up the car, I had what seemed like every imaginable error code pop up (ABS, headlights, etc.). In addition, my power steering was messed up (only noticeable at low speeds). Took it to a very reputable shop recommended to me by my local VW group and the guy ran a vag-com check on it.

Immediately found that I had nicked an ABS sensor on the front passenger side. Must have caught on something during the install and got torn. He soldered it for me to fix and the car was back to working perfectly.

Like I said, it might not be your specific issue, but since these cars rely on all these computers and sensors nowadays, any disconnected part of the circuit can cause a chain reaction of codes, so you might want to look into it. I was initially tempted to just clear the codes, but am glad I got it checked instead!