GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Installed Maxton MK7 Rear Spoiler

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
So after installing it I haven't decided if I love it or am just "meh" about it, but here are some pics. I saw a few pics floating around other forums of this spoiler (gloss/matte) but not all that many different angles, so if anyone is on the fence maybe this will help you out.

Fitment was excellent for a non-OEM product although it is not contoured perfectly, there is a small area in the corners where the MK7 spoiler seems to come out of the dip/valley but the spoiler has a hard time wrapping around that, however every part of the Maxton spoiler (thanks to the VHB adhesive soaking up tolerances) seems to make contact with the car's paint.

Finish is very good as well on top, no paint/gloss issues but I was hoping the exposed portion of the bottom of the spoiler would also be gloss, it is not.

Excuse my messy garage space, I am not a neat person.

Attachments

• car 3.jpg
    car 3.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 9,463
  • car7.jpg
    car7.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 2,310
  • car8.jpg
    car8.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 2,287
  • car9.jpg
    car9.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 2,552

gs2online

Ready to race!
So after installing it I haven't decided if I love it or am just "meh" about it, but here are some pics. I saw a few pics floating around other forums of this spoiler (gloss/matte) but not all that many different angles, so if anyone is on the fence maybe this will help you out.

Fitment was excellent for a non-OEM product although it is not contoured perfectly, there is a small area in the corners where the MK7 spoiler seems to come out of the dip/valley but the spoiler has a hard time wrapping around that, however every part of the Maxton spoiler (thanks to the VHB adhesive soaking up tolerances) seems to make contact with the car's paint.

Finish is very good as well on top, no paint/gloss issues but I was hoping the exposed portion of the bottom of the spoiler would also be gloss, it is not.

Excuse my messy garage space, I am not a neat person.

I love mine bro. You did a good job on the install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
Good luck with it, are you using an adhesive promoter? I cleaned my car down with IPA then hit it with the 3M adhesive promoter before installing.

Most people say not to use the promoter unless you want that to be a very permanent bond (it will be a mess getting it off one day) but I don't see myself taking it off anytime soon, and I just want to eliminate any tiny possibility of this thing flying off.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Looks really good! I am still deciding if I should get the facelift version for my mk7.5 R. It’s slightly different, but looks good

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks really good! I am still deciding if I should get the facelift version for my mk7.5 R. It’s slightly different, but looks good

I like that they offer the new one in the carbon look, I really wanted a lip with that finish but couldn't find one that wasn't an Aliexpress mediocre/unknown quality one.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
It looks nice, but I think it's awkward how it doesn't fully extend to the sides.

gs2online

Ready to race!
It looks nice, but I think it's awkward how it doesn't fully extend to the sides.

Yeah thought that was weird too. You have that small gap there. I was thinking when I wrap my roof glossy black I might fill that space with left over wrap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Neilsdeal

Ready to race!
I've had mine on for about a year now and have finally decided to remove it. It was nice at first, but I slowly grew to dislike it. Fitment was good and it looked good from a distance, but up close it just ends up looking cheap imo.

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed

Yeah that is a love it or hate it part of the lip for sure. I didn't want something that wrapped around as I felt it looked off from a side profile view (ala the V2 which does wrap fully).

This was the best compromise for me really, as there isn't another lip out there I really like, and I'd have to buy a $500+ full spoiler replacement to get the curves/body lines I really want.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I heard that these stop the back of the car from getting so God awful filthy all the time, any truth to that? My biggest complain about this car (although it is inherent to any hatchback design) is how after 30 minutes if driving the rear of the car is already covered in black dust.

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
I heard that these stop the back of the car from getting so God awful filthy all the time, any truth to that? My biggest complain about this car (although it is inherent to any hatchback design) is how after 30 minutes if driving the rear of the car is already covered in black dust.

I haven't tested it, but it is doubtful in my opinion. You are still going to get that negative pressure in the area regardless of how much aero you have on the car, just an inherent effect of having that steep hatch.

typeone

Ready to race!
thanks for the pics, looks great! mine should arrive next week, can't wait to install.

EDIT: and, "Excuse my messy garage space, I am not a neat person." ... that's some funny shit. you should see my garage :D