GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Inner DRL not working/not activated, any suggestions?

Maiden

hey everyone,
im looking for a bit of help.
i have a 2019 golf gti mk 7.5
i noticed my inner DRL is not on, despite the outer one being on. ive been informed you can long code it to turn on but idk how. I have a obd11 device.
Any suggestions? thanks!
IMG_E7311[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_E7311[1].JPG
    IMG_E7311[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 505

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
I have a '15 with LP. Unfortunately, only Rs have this inner DRL. The GTIs didn't get it (even though it looks like it should). There is no bulb and no wiring. Sorry, but welcome to the "I'm sad my inner DRLs don't work club". I researched it a while ago and it seems really intensive to do this upgrade. You'd have to buy R lights and do some wiring and then some coding. Just do what I do and look away whenever you see an R coming down the road at you. It hurts less that way.

Maybe someone that knows more than me will chime in and tell me that I'm wrong. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Maiden

Hi Sean,

I have seen several other GTIs that have it working. I asked a few people randomly who said that they all received the car with the lights working, none of them coded it. Most recently i spoke to someone in the shopping centre who had a 17-18 model, both lights were on

From my research i found that perhaps in the more recent models, you had to opt for the "dynamic cornering lights" or something package to have the inner ones on. Where as in the 17 or 18 models the performance models had them working from factory

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
I have a '15 with LP. Unfortunately, only Rs have this inner DRL. The GTIs didn't get it (even though it looks like it should). There is no bulb and no wiring. Sorry, but welcome to the "I'm sad my inner DRLs don't work club". I researched it a while ago and it seems really intensive to do this upgrade. You'd have to buy R lights and do some wiring and then some coding. Just do what I do and look away whenever you see an R coming down the road at you. It hurts less that way.

Maybe someone that knows more than me will chime in and tell me that I'm wrong. Fingers crossed.
this is correct. through 2017 GTIs only got the outer DRL. 2018 and up (mk7.5) got completely new LED headlight units with both DRLs active