GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Injen SP Intake For Sale

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Selling my Injen SP Intake on eBay for $105 OBO shipped. It's in good condition, just missing one rubber grommet and the previous owner took off the Injen sticker on the Intake pipe. Less than 3k miles.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253066676173

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought it. What happened to the grommet and do I need to buy another one from Injen? Thanks dude. I was like 2 minutes away from pulling the trigger on this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Injen-SP307...ash=item25bcc84d7a:g:XaYAAOSwD8BZbNyP&vxp=mtr

70 bucks less to lose a ricey sticker, deal in my book. Thanks dude. Any tips on filter cleaning? Never had a pod except dirt bikes.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It's a dry (no oil) filter so easier to clean than mx bikes. I just use a drop on dawn in a five gallon bucket and splash it around pretty rough to know bugs and bigger stuff loose, then rinse with the hose from the inside out and let it dry

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Bought it. What happened to the grommet and do I need to buy another one from Injen? Thanks dude. I was like 2 minutes away from pulling the trigger on this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Injen-SP307...ash=item25bcc84d7a:g:XaYAAOSwD8BZbNyP&vxp=mtr

70 bucks less to lose a ricey sticker, deal in my book. Thanks dude. Any tips on filter cleaning? Never had a pod except dirt bikes.

The grommet popped out when I took it off the car, I couldn't find it anywhere. I don't think you'll need to get one from Injen as they look pretty standard so I'm pretty sure any hardware store will have one that'll work.

I haven't cleaned it but since it's a dry flow filter you can either use compressed air from the inside or vacuum the outside. Injen has a video on Youtube about it.

Thanks.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
So I got the parts in one piece ... the seller kind of lied about the condition though. The filter is dented in all over and also has torn metal grating. He showed a perfectly clean filter in the photos. Could be shipping damage but it doesn't look like it. Maybe I'm wrong... just peeved

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
So I got the parts in one piece ... the seller kind of lied about the condition though. The filter is dented in all over and also has torn metal grating. He showed a perfectly clean filter in the photos. Could be shipping damage but it doesn't look like it. Maybe I'm wrong... just peeved

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't buy this one lol.

Was there any damage to the box when it arrived? If the filter got banged up in transport, the box should look pretty rough or torn somewhere.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Maybe it's a good thing I didn't buy this one lol.

Was there any damage to the box when it arrived? If the filter got banged up in transport, the box should look pretty rough or torn somewhere.

No the box was in perfect shape. I'm 95% sure he shipped it that way and just put up old photos in the ad. I could just force a return since I went through eBay or ask for a partial refund, or just keep it, I'm not sure. The pipe also has scratches over it so it was obviously dragged along the ground or something. The price was decent but Idk for $70 to have it brand new I might just return it...

edit: Yeah man considering the scratches all over, the beat to crap filter with torn mesh and dents in the paper, and missing grommet, I think it'll be easier to just buy the new one and return this. Had to sleep on it but that seems like the bets option for my car and financially. I'll post up pics

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!

The filter did not have any dents in it when it was shipped. The photo of the parts on the ground were taken right before packing the items so there was absolutely nothing misleading about the pictures. This is a used item that was installed at least twice so it will not be perfect but if it's as bad as you say then something definitely happened in transit or after.