GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

In process: Alibaba GTI build

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I may have to start stocking these things in the US and upsell them for 7-10k like VW dealerships would 💩 jk

Honestly if anyone is interested, I can get these engines for a bit cheaper shipped, per my contact overseas. She broke away from Zhongqi and started her own business. I’d just direct you to her. She’s nice..even offered to host me over in China if I were to go 🐰
Depending on how it holds up once you actually put boost through it for awhile, this may actually be a legit time for a "Mksleven Marketplace" to open up on etsy lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Depending on how it holds up once you actually put boost through it for awhile, this may actually be a legit time for a "Mksleven Marketplace" to open up on etsy lol

Seriously. Looking at LKQ right now, they're around $5000 - $5200 with 70k - 80k miles, with the cheapest still being over $4k with 120k miles on them.

While sure, anyone can order one the same way @Mksleven did, I'm sure there's plenty of people who would pay that slight premium to not have to deal with a factory in China and wait two months for an engine.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wonder if they can source a cheap 5cyl 🤔🤔

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
While I love the 5cyl, what a terrible freaking value in terms of price/HP
The ceiling for them is so high though.

And they sound nice.

But they're still crazy expensive

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
For reference, the LT4 from my Camaro, brand new, 650hp, forged internals that can handle 1,000hp no problem, is the same price as a Zhong zhong DAZA
https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/...LXBECTqfWBvBdLOwGZ9GC3EiRJgvXo_BoCy0wQAvD_BwE

Edit: yes, I realize it won't fit in a golf... Or will it 🤔
Don’t tell that to LS swap dude. It’ll fit!

And I mean yeah, the real answer to the “more power” problem is more cylinders, displacement. But if you’re stuck on euros, then the DAZA is a pretty good choice.