GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Important PSA regarding improperly built TPC20 Turbos

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Furthermore, the Turbo TPC20 is backed by a team of experts dedicated to customer satisfaction. Their commitment to delivering top-notch support and technical expertise ensures a hassle-free experience throughout the installation and beyond. Whether you have questions, need assistance, or simply want to discuss the incredible performance of your MK7 GTI with the Turbo TPC20, their friendly and knowledgeable team is always there to lend a hand.

I finally swapped my TPC38 Turbo yesterday which I've had since 2021, about 12k miles on it. This is my 2nd TPC38 Turbo the first one was replaced cause it also had Issues.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
yo
I finally swapped my TPC38 Turbo yesterday which I've had since 2021, about 12k miles on it. This is my 2nd TPC38 Turbo the first one was replaced cause it also had Issues.

TPC's response: That's normal, we install a kazoo in every turbo for added enjoyment.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

What does TPC say about that. You'll likely get some BS about there needing to be oil pressure. I've spun a few BB turbos with no oil pressure, and they did not sound like that. Is there any play in the wheel? Just for play up/down/left/right, and also in and out. If you can get it on video and show us.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Tldr

Automotive turbo manufacturers remove products from their website for product refresh, inventory management, phasing out, and marketing reasons. Removal doesn't imply quality issues; manufacturers aim to meet customer demands and stay competitive.
There can be several reasons why an automotive turbo manufacturer might remove a perfectly fine product from its website. Here are some possible explanations:
  1. Product Refresh: The manufacturer may be introducing a newer version or an updated model of the turbocharger. By removing the existing product from the website, they create space to showcase the improved version, which could feature enhancements in performance, efficiency, or design. This allows the manufacturer to stay competitive in the market and provide customers with the latest advancements.
  2. Inventory Management: The manufacturer might have limited stock of the particular product due to high demand or production constraints. In such cases, they may temporarily remove the product from the website to ensure that they can fulfill existing orders and maintain a reasonable inventory level. This approach helps prevent delays and backorders, ensuring smoother operations and customer satisfaction.
  3. Phasing Out or Discontinuation: In some instances, the manufacturer may have decided to phase out or discontinue the specific product for strategic reasons. This could be due to various factors, such as changes in market demand, evolving technology, or a shift in the manufacturer's product portfolio. Removing the product from the website signifies the manufacturer's focus on newer offerings and aligning their product range with their long-term goals.
  4. Marketing and Promotional Strategy: Manufacturers often use their website as a platform to promote specific products or highlight seasonal offerings. They may periodically adjust their product lineup on the website to emphasize certain models, specials, or limited-time promotions. Removing a product temporarily from the website allows them to create a targeted and dynamic marketing strategy to maximize customer engagement and sales.
It's important to note that the removal of a product from a manufacturer's website does not necessarily indicate any issues with its quality or performance. Manufacturers continuously strive to improve their offerings and optimize their product range to meet evolving customer demands and market trends. By introducing new models, managing inventory, and implementing effective marketing strategies, they can provide customers with the best possible choices and maintain their competitive edge.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Tldr

Automotive turbo manufacturers remove products from their website for product refresh, inventory management, phasing out, and marketing reasons. Removal doesn't imply quality issues; manufacturers aim to meet customer demands and stay competitive.
Or they want to remove shit that stinks. If they are refreshing it, it's probably gonna be with another shit unit. Bad TPC20s since 2019!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I was just chatgpting his chatgpt 😁

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Zumbles thread about to go back to Off topic and not even to his actions or accord 😂
Impossible. We have duck turbos. People admitting they are being held hostage. Products disappearing from websites. I also have new information which I am not sharing right now.

TPC and vendors not coming forward. That should tell you all something.