GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Important OBD11 info

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
I'm assuming existing owners of the pro version are not affected?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Carista just went the opposite way. Used to be a yearly subscription but you can now buy a lifetime subscription for $89.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Ross-Tech did something similar. Their previous version enthusiast cable was unlimited (HEX+CAN). Their latest ones are VIN limited to 3 or 10 vehicles, no unlimited option. You can buy more VINs if needed. The older version worked on my Mk7.5 but it threw a ton of errors. I had to upgrade to get rid of them, so forced obsolescence. BTW the Ross-Tech upgrade program isn't great. I sold my HEX+CAN for $50 more than the upgrade offer.

All that said, it's a great device and I wouldn't own a VAG vehicle without one.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Yup. Got the email last night. What is the main difference in pro and standard? I have pro so not too worried about it. Just curious.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210614-120655_OBDeleven.jpg
    Screenshot_20210614-120655_OBDeleven.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 59

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I bought mine about a year ago and never used it, or my pro package. How does one go about activating it?

Edit: figured it out

1623692342820.png

Now just need to figure out how to add my 200 credits.

Last edited:

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I've already gotten 2 notifications from the app on my phone today about this. Pretty sure I got the pro version for free when I bought it years ago

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I've already gotten 2 notifications from the app on my phone today about this. Pretty sure I got the pro version for free when I bought it years ago
I Plugged My 1yr old unit into the Gti and clicked connect. It gave me two prompts “activate pro account” and “bonus 200 credits”. I opted for the former.

plugged into the alltrack, hit connect, and it popped up a prompt to activate the 200 credits.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
Time for people to buy a VCDS.

This is another example (along with their "points") of why you need be careful with OBDII

I'm heavily leaning in this direction now, I was going to buy one w/ the Pro license. After reading the T&C, I suspect when they don't think they're making enough $$, that Lifetime sub will go away and they'll be perfectly within their rights to do so.

Also, 48hr sale notice and not releasing what the yearly charge will be set at, shady.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
I'm heavily leaning in this direction now, I was going to buy one w/ the Pro license. After reading the T&C, I suspect when they don't think they're making enough $$, that Lifetime sub will go away and they'll be perfectly within their rights to do so.

Also, 48hr sale notice and not releasing what the yearly charge will be set at, shady.

1623694098045.png

would be quite shady since the current plan is, once lifetime always lifetime. FAQ also says if you had lifetime pro, upgrade to ultimate plan, at the end you’ll return to your lifetime pro.

What lines are you seeing in the T&C that allows them to change your plan from lifetime at their whim?

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
"lifetime" usually means anything but.. Lifetime of the account? Lifetime of the device?