GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

if you could own any car besides your mk7...

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Lambo Huracán -$250k +/- base price, looks, runs and handles like a $1 million+ supercar, and it's a VW ! :cool:

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
Cost no object, and to fill the same role- new RS4 Avant hands down. I wouldn't anything more hardcore or compromised than that for daily use, and wouldn't want anything nicer to haul my kids in.

Being realistic, and with my own money, I'd have an Alltrack instead of my GTI. Or taking Mk7's off the table entirely, an A4 Allroad.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
The RS4 Avant is sweet. The op's Jag is a similar wagon/hatch like the RS4. And people like the Alltrack. Looks like a goodly section of the demographic is going in that direction.

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
I'm not sure I get the supercar picks.

I don't think that was the point of the thread, but even so, most are an absolute chore to drive. I work at a dealer that carries them, and have driven them. They look cool, and the performance is staggering, but they're unusable, and in many cases, lacking connection.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
I'm not sure I get the supercar picks.

I don't think that was the point of the thread, but even so, most are an absolute chore to drive. I work at a dealer that carries them, and have driven them. They look cool, and the performance is staggering, but they're unusable, and in many cases, lacking connection.

I thought the thread was about "if you could own any car besides your mk7".
The key word there being "any". Don't take offense- I would never want to offend the Tequila Master :D

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
I thought the thread was about "if you could own any car besides your mk7".
The key word there being "any". Don't take offense- I would never want to offend the Tequila Master :D

Not offended at all, and didn't mean for it to come off like that. I just think that's an easy answer not grounded in reality. Huracans and the like are awesome, but not really a suitable replacement for a Golf.

I was trying to put some thought into it and pick something semi-reasonable. For an all-out fun car, I second the Singer pick. Though I wouldn't kick a RWD Huracan Spyder or Performante out of the garage either. :D

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Not offended at all, and didn't mean for it to come off like that. I just think that's an easy answer not grounded in reality. Huracans and the like are awesome, but not really a suitable replacement for a Golf.

I was trying to put some thought into it and pick something semi-reasonable. For an all-out fun car, I second the Singer pick. Though I wouldn't kick a RWD Huracan Spyder or Performante out of the garage either. :D

Cool. Does your dealership sell Huracans? If it does, you may have driven one!

Dr.Bora

Passed Driver's Ed
18 Tacoma TRD PRO...

I love fast cars but a pickup would be very useful for me since I have tons of other hobbies. I could use a 4x4 to get into areas for hunting, haul my dirt bike, travel with luggage, haul my speakers around, just overall fun except for racing unless I put a 2JZ in it.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
So..at the same price point? Here's where it gets tough, because the Mk7 checks all the right boxes (That's why I bought one.) The one thing I'd like in addition, is RWD.

A base 230i might fit the ticket, but just about any option pushes it well over $40k. And even then, I'd always feel like I bought the "cheap" one. The rear seats are nearly unusable, from what I understand.

We recently bought a 2017 BRZ with the performance package. It's a really fun car, and perfect for autocross, but it's not the car we stuff the kids into if we all go somewhere together. It could definitely use more power too.

Last edited: