GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IE released Rolling ALS + 2Step LC today

dcgtimk7

Go Kart Newbie
There are a good chuck of people who know or have seen/felt that IE doesn’t have the best track record as a whole - be it software and hardware, engine build program… but they have a really forward marketing team and approach, with beautiful branding and approach to marketing.
They'll be added to the list of mqb performance shops with meh track records. Some of the performance shops/vendors on that list are cts/dbv2/shuenk/eqt/sneeky/dbv2/apr/gpop/tpc/hpa/a2b etc.

Last edited:

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning
and something about family....
When you’re .1 sexonds faster than your wife, that’s how family happens.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
347B3671-78A8-4EEE-A9B2-DEAA1F695460.png
AA52B0CE-24FC-4223-B07E-300833AE419E.png

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
When flashing I thought it overwrites the ECU? What’s different about these “special” ECU’s?

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
With all of these box code variations and things to take into account that I've seen between this and the DTR thread, is it even worth it to be a tuner anymore? Sounds seriously anxiety inducing haha.

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, duh.
Regardless, still pretty jealous my friend gets a free crate motor with all of this. :ROFLMAO: Such a roller coaster ride of emotions right now. He stated that hes just going to build the one that's blown and probably sell the newer motor. (hopefully to me though.)

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I want the Diggs24 RAL/LC.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Regardless, still pretty jealous my friend gets a free crate motor with all of this.
I would wait until it was all said and done to be jealous. Who knows how many times they change their mind after they get the PR/social outrage under control.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
That's still so much time, energy, and stress to deal with. I wouldn't be jealous of that. lol. Covering the costs helps a ton, but what a pain in the balls. That's probably why they're offering the turbo upgrade though. Interested in seeing how people come out from this.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
So some good news is that he’s getting a new motor, turbo, and getting paid for his labor (he’s going to do it himself) and supposedly he gets a free tune with it to make up for all of this. So he went from unlucky to super lucky. He’s also going to just build his motor now. 😅 on top of that he gets the Garrett turbo
I hope he has an air conditioned garage to work in

He can borrow my swamp cooler if he wants

Last edited: