GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I guess he wasn't happy with a Hyundai e...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
Great, just as it seems US foreign policy is working, some idiot add more fuel to the rage

Florida pastor oversees Quran burning

The controversial Florida pastor who halted plans to burn a Quran on the 9/11 anniversary last year oversaw the burning of the Islamic holy book on Sunday after it was found "guilty" during a "trial" at his church.

"We had a court process," said Pastor Terry Jones, who acted as judge, in a phone interview. "We tried to set it up as fair as possible, which you can imagine, of course, is very difficult."

Jones said about 30 people attended the mock trial at his Dove World Outreach Center in Gainesville.

Jones considered the "International Judge the Quran Day" to be a fairer way of addressing the Islamic holy book, and denied breaking earlier promises not to burn a Quran.

If the jury had reached a different conclusion, Jones said he would have issued an apology for his accusations that the Quran promotes violence.

"We still don't feel that we broke our word — that was in relationship to International Burn a Quran Day," he said, referring to his previous plan to burn a pile of Qurans on the 9/11 anniversary to protest plans for an Islamic community center near Ground Zero. "We would not establish another International Burn a Quran Day."

Last year's aborted event provoked criticism from U.S. religious leaders, violent protests abroad and pressure from President Obama and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates before Jones called it off.

After a six-hour trial on Sunday that featured a Christian convert from Islam as a prosecuting attorney and a Dallas imam as a defense lawyer, a jury of 12 church members and volunteers made the judgment, Jones said.

He said the punishment — burning the book after it had been soaked in kerosene for an hour — was determined from four choices on his organization's Facebook page. He said "several hundred" were polled and voted for burning over shredding, drowning and facing a firing squad.

Jones considered the burning — which was conducted by another pastor since Jones was serving as the judge — a one-time event.

"That is not our intention, to run around America burning Qurans," he said.

Jones has launched a new organization, Stand Up America, and plans to protest the Quran, Shariah law and "radical Islam," and has scheduled an April event in front of an Islamic center in Dearborn, Mich.

Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, declined to comment at length about Jones' trial.

"Terry Jones had his 15 minutes of fame and we're not going to help him get another few minutes," he said.

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
And now he's more or less responsible for the deaths of 8 U.N. workers.

And what does this have to do with U.S. foreign policy, by the way?

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion

And what does this have to do with U.S. foreign policy, by the way?

Well, recently Afghanistan and Iraq is more stabilized (relative term but compare with 06 its a lot better), Also the foreign policy in Libya seems to generate no backlash from the International/Arab community (i don't support it, but hey what do I know).

GTIMKVFAST08

schmoser boser....
Car(s)
08 BMP GTI
he should have been allowed to burn it... i dont want terrorists to come build a mosque near ground zero

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner

crazy arabs were responsible.

they have the right to burn the American flag and he has the right to burn the koran or the bible or any other book for that matter.

what did he go back on his word by taking brad johnsons car or has it been a year already?

65dunebuugy

insert custom title here
The library was giving away some old free books one day. Never thought I would enjoy burning books as much as the Nazis did but it was a lot of childish fun.

futbolking

Come from yard
Car(s)
2008 4Runner
he should have been allowed to burn it... i dont want terrorists to come build a mosque near ground zero

Huh? What does one have to do with the other? What terrorists are building mosques near ground zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.