GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I am seeing Neil deGrasse Tyson speak tonight

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
its funny.. a person who tries to shove religion down your throat or convert you etc, is what - militant? yet a person who speaks out against that is also, militant? just thinking outloud again.. as usual, double standards abound.

All day bro. You're married, you know what I'm talking about lolololol

shanexh

Passed Driver's Ed
For 19 years Christianity diminished my critical thinking, clouded my thoughts, and promoted a false understanding of the world around me. Specifically I was a Young Earth Creationist, every word and verse of the Bible was literal for me.

Thankfully due to truth seekers like Neil deGrasse Tyson and a college education I am now an atheist.

I agree that you can never be 100% absolutely certain one way or the other on an ultimately unprovable subject such as the existence of a deity, hence why some people like Neil are hesitant to consider themselves an atheist. However in my case multiple scientific subjects were 100% in disagreement with my beliefs, not only did this help me lose my faith it has given me the confidence to go all the way and say I am an atheist outright.

I believe everyone has the right to believe whatever religion or non-religion they choose, and should be able to practice it in peace. However my opinion changes with regard to children, I believe indoctrinating children with religion is borderline child abuse. Children are typically expected or forced to accept the religious beliefs and practices of their parents, and yet they haven't even reached an age of understanding to truly make an unbiased decision on the subject.

I am glad I live in a free country that allows people like Neil to speak out against the false teachings of religion and seek the truth. Besides the scientific explanations of how us humans got to be on this little blue planet are so much more beautiful and inspiring.

I just wish so many people wouldn't put so much emphasis on labels like race and religion, and treat people different accordingly. For me I don't care what color your skin is or what religion you believe I am going to treat you like a human because that is what you deserve. I may disagree with you, but I will respect you as my fellow human being.