GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to get mirros unfolded by key fob?

piwi

Hey there,
At first I must say that I was searching forums to find solution for my problem for hours...
I have MK7 build in may 2013. I have retrofitted mirros and I made all coding and adaptations needed. I bought 5Q0959593A and 5Q0959592A door modules, but the function to unfold my mirrors with key fob doesn't work... they fold with locking car, but they unfold when ignition is on. Next I have bought 5Q0959593B and 5Q0959592B modules from newer car (april 2014), and it's the same... My BCM is Highline version.
Anyone knows what should I do to get my mirrors unfolded with key fob?
Thanks for help!

Last edited:

jonnyg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Did you check the options in the MIB for mirror folding?
I seem to remember you can check fold on lock unlock...

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
From this thread:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ding-Mirrors-Review!/page20&highlight=folding

Folding mirrors automatically when car is locked and add the fold on park menu option: (this was similar to the OPs code but OBD added a space in one of the german words in my car which confused me for a minute, so i'll just repost it):
[09] Central Electronics
[10] Adaptation
[23] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen change to "active", click do it
[26] - Access control 2 - Menuesteuerung Funkspiegel anklappen change to “active”
[24] - Access control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus change to “by look command via remote control key”
and then check is mirrors and parking on car settings to make sure "Fold away after parking" is checked.

piwi

Guys,
I have made exactly all adaptations you mentioned here. I also have "fold away after parking" function checked. Mirrors fold only with locking car. But unlocking don't unfold mirrors...

piwi

Does it have to be in 0 position? I always have it in R position due to reverse gear dipping mirror function which I always use.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
What are you using to code? Maybe post shots of your adaptations and maybe someone will find something?

piwi

I'm using VCDS 17.1. I have made exactly all adaptations needed:
- Funk Spiegelanklappen - active
- Menuesteuerung Funkspiegel anklappen - active
- Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus - by look command via remote control key

- in car settings "fold away after parking" - checked

Coding is OK, in both doors modules I have checked "foldable mirrors installed", "comfort mirror folding active", and there's nothing more to do. I have made exactly all steps from any instructions I have seen so far. And it don't unfold mirrors with unlocking.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
I'm using VCDS 17.1. I have made exactly all adaptations needed:
- Funk Spiegelanklappen - active
- Menuesteuerung Funkspiegel anklappen - active
- Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus - by look command via remote control key

- in car settings "fold away after parking" - checked

Coding is OK, in both doors modules I have checked "foldable mirrors installed", "comfort mirror folding active", and there's nothing more to do. I have made exactly all steps from any instructions I have seen so far. And it don't unfold mirrors with unlocking.

Maybe your answer lies within this LINK. There's something in there about coding change for the door module itself?

I use obdeleven so I don't quite understand the differences and similarities of VCDS

piwi

Yes, I was reading that thread and followed those instructions. There's also information that swapping door modules from newer car can help. So, as I wrote in first post I have even installed modules from 2014 built Golf, and it didn't helped. I am afraid that I need another BCM module (from newer car also), but it's rather not worth changing it. Nevertheless I'd like to be sure if I made everything what I can :)

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Did u try resetting mirror settings in infotainment to factory defaults?