GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to avoid lag?

LJW

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI PP DSG
Hey guys,

MK7.5 GTI PP DSG. I’ve noticed that if you slam your foot to the floor, no matter if it auto or manual, the car will lag and change gear. Example 4th down to 2nd and then accelerate.

I appreciate that there will be a slight lag while it chooses the correct gear, but in manual I don’t want it to change me down a gear, just push on in the gear I’m in.

I have already adjusted on a Carista so that it’s direct throttle, but does anyone have any advice on how to get out of tricky situations fast when you just need that burst of power STRAIGHT AWAY. Coming off of short slip roads and not having that response is very frustrating.

Thanks!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Sport mode and/or DSG tune will help.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
D55326F2-FCD6-4E9C-8587-243D816646D5.jpeg

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
That sounds annoying. I thought in manual it would not downshift. I guess the kickdown button is still active...

AceHammer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 A3
Yea would have to get a DSG to disable auto upshift or kick down. For a stock DSG tune, when cornering hard and wanting to power out I try to keep it right around 3.5-4k on an is38 and then gently go full throttle right to the click down.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
If you're tuned and don't like your brake pads you can rice brake and throttle to build boost through the corner ;)