GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hesitation

Schurke

R model with DSG trans. Under full throttle there is a momentary hesitation when the trans shifts to the next higher gear. Anyone have any idea

Schurke

Hesitation between gears, WOT, Race mode, letting the trans shift automatically, doesn't appear to be on the rev limiter.

Schurke

So, you're not touching any transmission inputs at all, and as it shifts during WOT, it "hesitates."

By "Hesitates," does it just take a second to shift or does it lag and thrust the car forward?

Not trying to pry, I just want to figure out your situation in case someone else happens to know something off the bat.
When the car reaches the factory default shift point there is a momentary lag/hesitation after it shifts, almost like you are driving a manual trans and "speed shifting" (lifting off the throttle while changing gears) instead of power shifting (not lifting between gear selections)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
What year R? How many miles? Have the dealer reflash it. It shouldn't do that. Get a trans tune.

((Doug))

I have this behavior with my '15 R, 25k miles. Indeed it feels like a manual transmission when shifting into second gear. Interestingly there was no change in behavior when I installed Eurodyne engine and DSG software. I've done some logging with VCDS but nothing odd has shown up--there are a lot of parameters to look through

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
R model with DSG trans. Under full throttle there is a momentary hesitation when the trans shifts to the next higher gear. Anyone have any idea

Are you tuned? I have been in talks with APR where when I hit the redline, it momentarily seems like it is "winding down" and then it shifts to the next gear. Turns out, the R comes with a "soft limiter", not like a hard limiter where it pi-pi-pi-pings until you change.