GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help! Meth Kit install

Mk72015

Ready to race!
So im installing my BMS meth kit, in the instructions it states to connect the red 12V wire to something depending on your vehicle. In the instructions there is F series, N55s, N54s. Nothing on VW, this is the power supplies im not sure where to plug it on the VW

RJ where ya at lols

but any help will be much appreciated thanks!

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
I would find an ignition power supply. Like a cigarette lighter circuit. Something that only supplies 12v when the key is on. Check the fuses with a test light, find a ignition power line and tap into that.

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Yeah thats what i think im going to do, find an empty fuse spot, i would like to get some hand to hand info with someone whos installed it

Mars1

Ready to race!
Have you seen this? I haven't ordered it yet so I don't know if this diagram comes with the kit. This is for our cars-

Attachments

• JB4FSB.jpg
    JB4FSB.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 614

Mk72015

Ready to race!
Yeah ive seen that, but that key on power wire is what im trying to figure out where i should get the power from

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
Get a tap a fuse and it's the third 15 amp fuse down from the top left.

Attachments

• 14836533546150.jpg
    14836533546150.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 14836533912041.jpg
    14836533912041.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 358

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I think I heard the top 646 relay works as well. I know RJ opened a thread asking where to power it and someone commented on using the relay. What is the 15a fuse going to out of curiosity?

CFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I know old thread.

Having the same issue finding 12v or somethings wrong. Used that 15amp fuse but my system wont purge.

Maybe its a ground. Where did you guys use for grounds? For the FSB I used the jump start bracket nut. The pump and solenoid used chassis screws...

Thanks!