GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

help about bulbs?

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
Hi im wondering if anyone knows if led bulbs work on the mk7 golf, I had a astra last and they never. After paying £10 for nice set they flicked on and off so asked the dealer and was told they are like the new bmw and the car wont light them. Dont want to waste more money to be disappointed again lol.

Also I dont have the bi-xenon headlights and wondering does anyone know what the front bulbs are for the headlights and day time running lights. Want to change them to even tinted one so they dont look so bad, ano should of got the xenon ones but too late now lol.

Thanks in advance.....

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
Dipped headlight is an H7 (55W) .
High beam / drl and parking light H15 (55W/15W).

Hope this helps.

Yes thanks very much, never heard of h15 and they look like they would be hard to find tinted blue. Anyone know anywere to get them from, h7 can get easy and cheap for £5 even might have a set in my toolbox but havent a clue on the h15.

Ok cant find tinted blue h15 as they seem like a new blub set up from few years ago, but have seen blue covers that fit over the blubs that most mk6 golf owners seem to have got. So my understanding at the mintue is there arnt much options bar the covers so wondering if anyone has tryed these? If so how good are they at changing the drl colour and if you would upload a pic.

Last edited:

Hughmungus

Hi, the white/blue H15 lamp has been asked before on at least 3 forums I visit in the last 4 years. I started following threads when I got my MK6 Golf and now I have the MK7 and there is still nothing on the market. No one has found an alternative so I gave up looking. Osram make them for VW only as far as I have researched. I have resigned myself that there will never be an aftermarket whiter drl.

If you look on eBay you will find some blue glass tubes for about £15 that fit over the lamp but in my opinion it will make it look like a bi xenon wannabe.

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
Yea seen them myself, only work around ive found is them or the blue blub tint paint but its no good and flakes over long periods of heat. Hopefully someone can upload pics of the covers , even on a mk6 before I go buy them.

This is my first golf bar a mk1 I had years ago so havent seen these h15, are they becoming common now in all cars or just german ones I wonder