Did the LEO's abuse their power?

• Yes

Votes: 37 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters

razr390

Go Kart Champion
That's what it was, my friend had dreadlocks and hippy stickers on his car so the cops were trying to bust us for drugs, which luckily we didn't have.

Hopefully stuff like this can be recorded in some way now in this technological world. Sometimes getting arrested like this would make someone feel as of they just got convicted of murder when they're truly innocent.

Yeah I hear you. I'm not getting heated. It's just things like this that get people all upset and haired out and it's just everyday life. Shit happens all the time and it doesn't make it on the web or tv. Just ma 2 cents.

True, but when something makes the web/news, it pays to analyze. Something has to act as a basis factor in what we can do to prevent situations and outcomes such as the one in the video I posted from happening. Shit, I mean kids die every day in areas in Africa where the militia kills them if they don't want to do what they say, and people die of hunger. In the end I was also previously seeing what I could come up with if the owner decides to sue. Not too shabby of an argument if I say so myself.

Still sucks that a loyal dog died tho.

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
Made me tear up a bit. The dog was protecting the owner cop should not have tried to grab the dog and should not have pulled the gun out. Makes me so sad to watch them shoot it but to let it suffer is inhumane, no animal deserves that of any type.

Cop should be held accountable and they should give the dog a service just like they give their K9 Units.

They are not told to shoot dogs but to deter them. Taser is what he should have done. In our county that is what we are told to do. Probably a freaked out rookie. But seriously why make that poor dog suffer like that. Shoot to kill don't just stand and watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Made me tear up a bit. The dog was protecting the owner cop should not have tried to grab the dog and should not have pulled the gun out. Makes me so sad to watch them shoot it but to let it suffer is inhumane, no animal deserves that of any type.

Cop should be held accountable and they should give the dog a service just like they give their K9 Units.

They are not told to shoot dogs but to deter them. Taser is what he should have done. In our county that is what we are told to do. Probably a freaked out rookie. But seriously why make that poor dog suffer like that. Shoot to kill don't just stand and watch.

Especially when the dog thinks it is doing a good job and doing something right

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I'm a big dog lover and I wish I didn't watch that video. At the end of the day the owners action led to the death of that dog. I can't think of one cop that would think twice about shooting an animal that they feel threaten by.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I'm a big dog lover and I wish I didn't watch that video. At the end of the day the owners action led to the death of that dog. I can't think of one cop that would think twice about shooting an animal that they feel threaten by.

It was a both party fault, but again like posts above specified, LEO's are trained to deter not to kill dogs.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
The owner had the right idea in securing his dog in the car but forget one crucial step. Roll the damn windows up. This was the one error that contributed to the dogs death.

GTINAPLES

Ready to race!
The owner had the right idea in securing his dog in the car but forget one crucial step. Roll the damn windows up. This was the one error that contributed to the dogs death.

You can't or that is cruelty in hot weather. Then cops go and bust the windows open and arrest you for animal cruelty. Unless the car is running.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Exactly. Last thing that dog thought was that it was helping its owner and died trying. Died being mans best friend.

I just watched this video again and it makes me sick to my stomach. My dog is currently sleeping next to me as I type this... :(

EDIT:

Watched the video 3 more times full length. The LEO's with the submachine guns, most likely MP5's should have approached him and told him to go home.

/endofstory.

Last edited:

razr390

Go Kart Champion

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
You can't or that is cruelty in hot weather. Then cops go and bust the windows open and arrest you for animal cruelty. Unless the car is running.

That's the last thing the cops had on their mind. They would of had him call a friend or a family member to pick the dog up or animal control. Now if you leave a pet in you car unattended that's animal cruelty. Securing the dog in the car would of prevented this tragity.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
That's the last thing the cops had on their mind. They would of had him call a friend or a family member to pick the dog up or animal control. Now if you leave a pet in you car unattended that's animal cruelty. Securing the dog in the car would of prevented this tragity.

Not handcuffing a man when he was doing nothing illegal would have prevented this tragedy even more.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
Not handcuffing a man when he was doing nothing illegal would have prevented this tragedy even more.

As people have stated there are things both parties could of done to prevent it.