GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Haters be hatin' - You least favourite car stereotype driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I was originally talking about the older E46's, they are slow as fuck and stand no chance. there are very few E90's/ E92's around here where I live...

I still think it would be closer then you think but you're definitely right about the stage 1 GTI having nothing top end - the power comes in a huge lump around 4k and dies instantaneously at 5k. stage 2 could be a different story, but again, the IHI has nothing up top. better but still not fast.

On a different note I raced a C300 in my stock GTI and we were neck in neck till 90 then he pulled, N/A has the better top end like in the 328. now with the tune I don't see how I wouldn't destroy him.

I'm not saying the GTI is some fast race car by any means (GTI's are slow no matter what) but I do think stage 1 vs. an E90x 328i auto would be a decent race. stage 2 could probably take it. that 8 speed might be able to stay in powerband longer but the drivetrain loss thru the torque converter is pretty significant.

from a stop (irrelevant but interesting):
the lack of top end evidently doesn't make much difference at these speeds..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmVv2wQSvjs

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
-For one, the Stage 1 GTI has no top end, pretty much the opposite of a stock BMW which is going to have a flat curve. The whole 270lb ft occurs way too soon which makes for great daily driver but a poor racecar when you're making nothing between 5000 and 6500rpm.
-For two, the BMW has an 8 speed transmission and a higher redline(7K). Even if they had the same engine more power would make it to the wheels sooner and lasts longer in each gear. It's making way more power than the GTI at WOT between 5000-7000rpm and it can shift so that it never falls out of the powerband.

Forget about the theoretical, BMWs are running 13.9s in the 1/4 which is pretty much the exact same as the GTI.

Oh, and RWD is priceless

makes sense, like I said I don't run around claiming the GTI can beat anything I was just curious because just looking at the numbers you would assume the GTI would win.

Also I just looked it up and the 328i is very underrated and dynos at 240ish whp and 270ish wtq. Stage 2 would be a better race I guess.

Last edited:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Caught this example of one of my biggest peeves this week. Driver's that fuck up, then make it everyone else's problem. This one accidentally got into a turning lane. Then made it everyone else's problem by slamming on the brakes in the middle of the intersection, sitting there until the left turn light went red, and trying to reverse into a line of cars behind them. Then cut off people in the straight lane once that went green. Rather than just completing the turn and turning around to fix your problem without involving other people.

OH yes, I know this person well. Or the people who think that a blinker is a right to the lane, not a request for me to let them in. I mostly always do, but sometimes I do not see the blinker soon enough and they just come over thinking I am aware. Bitch I have other lanes of traffic and cars to look at too. Not just yours.

:mad0259:

This is why I am bald.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
OH yes, I know this person well. Or the people who think that a blinker is a right to the lane, not a request for me to let them in. I mostly always do, but sometimes I do not see the blinker soon enough and they just come over thinking I am aware. Bitch I have other lanes of traffic and cars to look at too. Not just yours.

:mad0259:

Couldn't agree more.

This is why I am bald.

:lol:

McQueen77

Banned
how do you figure that?

Stock 328i
Weight 3359lbs
HP 241 bhp
tq 255 btq
Ratio 13.9 (using crank numbers)

Stg 1 GTI
Weight 3033lbs
HP 239 whp
tq 278 wtq
Ratio 12.6 (at the wheels)

I definitely know the GTI isn't a rocket ship and I don't claim it can beat anything but I fail to see how a base, stock 328i will beat a stage 1 GTI, especially from a roll.

Stock automatic 328i will do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. Stage 1 GTI manual, well, the jury is out. If they were neck and neck on the freeway, maybe 50-100, the GTI might take it but otherwise, esp with him having manual up against the 328 8 speed? Notgonnahappen. Actually no, the GTI would drop-off up high and the BMW would just keep pulling.

Nah bro I got the superior interior... +50 WHP. but most of the people around where I live drive the older E46's which are slow as balls. I don't mess with newer 328's, they are decently powerful... but still not fast. especially the autos.

The auto isn't fast? We're talking about the 8 speed here. It'll take a Stage 1 GTI from a stop any day of the week. From a roll, if the GTI driver is a good driver, the GTI 'might' have it on him but otherwise, no. The 8 speed is flawless. Human drivers with a 6 speed are not, contrary to what they believe. Now, Stage 1 DSG vs. stock 328i auto, the GTI would probably have it by like .2 seconds or so.

-For one, the Stage 1 GTI has no top end, pretty much the opposite of a stock BMW which is going to have a flat curve. The whole 270lb ft occurs way too soon which makes for great daily driver but a poor racecar when you're making nothing between 5000 and 6500rpm.
-For two, the BMW has an 8 speed transmission and a higher redline(7K). Even if they had the same engine more power would make it to the wheels sooner and lasts longer in each gear. It's making way more power than the GTI at WOT between 5000-7000rpm and it can shift so that it never falls out of the powerband.

Forget about the theoretical, BMWs are running 13.9s in the 1/4 which is pretty much the exact same as the GTI.

Oh, and RWD is priceless

This guy is right on. BMW pulls to redline all day long, seamlessly, and RWD and higher redline. I had the Stage 1 GTI and it really runs out of steam up high.. Stage 2 would be a different story. My tuned 320 does 0-60 in about 6.1 seconds, about 1/2 sec behind a stock 328, but the car pulls smoothly to redline and in sport, the transmission shifts faster than I could ever shift in my 6 speed and I'm a good manual driver.

End of the day, neither car is that 'fast'. Just quick. Depends how you define fast though. TDI bros on this forum would feel pretty fast for a few weeks if they were driving a 328

Last edited:

Spyder368

Ready to race!
Close tie between people who cut you off without a blinker and Mustang drivers who think their shit doesn't stink.

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I wasn't talking about from a dead stop (originally - the video is from a dead stop I know) and I said not once, but twice that the 328i (E90x) that I wasn't even referring to in the first place would definitely have a stronger top end because stage 1 has the top end of a tractor..

Neither cars are honestly fast in the grand scheme of things lol

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
I wasn't talking about from a dead stop (originally - the video is from a dead stop I know) and I said not once, but twice that the 328i (E90x) that I wasn't even referring to in the first place would definitely have a stronger top end because stage 1 has the top end of a tractor..

Neither cars are honestly fast in the grand scheme of things lol

Mcqueen are you an xdrive? Would be a good race against a base golf r from a dig. Similar power loss up top with the GTI (on the :R) but both would hit hard from a dig.

EDIT: you're right though, VW's manuals really kill this kind of stuff cuz they don't like being shifted quick.

Plinyyounger

Ready to race!
I don't like the dude in the oversized 4x4, lifted, long bed, and about 10 feet high. His fricken lights in my mirrors drive me nuts. :D

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
'Modded' Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti drivers around here. They just drive like a jackass most of the time, buzzing around all the time, weaving in and out of traffic (often without a turn signal) and damn near causing accidents with each move they make on the road.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
İ dont know where to start. İ get angry at drivers every day and my commute is only 20 miles roundtrip.

Prius or any hybrid drivers are my biggest fucking gripe about them, just today i was going for lunch, 35 limit 2 lane one way road, lexus ch200 wasnt going anything over 20 mph i was on 2nd gear and floored the car, as i was beside the car the car floored tried to block me but i cut her off horibly (she was trying to block me) as i needed to turn right. Then at next light i purposely drove at 5k so she could hear me i was hurting the environment and she left a bus length behind me and wouldnt come closer LMAO

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
The drivers who drive slow, see you coming up behind still going slow, then you change lanes to pass them and a car pops in front of you and the faggot starts going over the speed limit to not let you pass them. Then you have to go behind the said faggot, and then they will go under the limit once again.

I hate those assholes.

This absolutely

Had that this morning by some douche in a merc, he was scared when i rode inches from his bumper
#pussy

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
Trucks without mudflaps that can't hold their lane and drift into the shoulder throwing gravel. If you can afford a new pickup you can afford $150 worth of mud flaps.

People that speed up to cut me off end up cutoff themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.