GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

haldex filter service

thegrandbull

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf R 6 mt
hey yall, can anyone help me decide when the best service interval is to clean or replace the haldex filter in my mk7 golf R?
thanks!

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
hey yall, can anyone help me decide when the best service interval is to clean or replace the haldex filter in my mk7 golf R?
thanks!

What do you do with your car? Normal driving?

I autocross, some track, and I do 15k.

thegrandbull

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf R 6 mt
What do you do with your car? Normal driving?

I autocross, some track, and I do 15k.
i occasionally track the car.. very rarely but it happens. and i drive very spirited on the road. i do a lot of shifting in general and A LOT of downshifting to engine brake. i just flushed and filled with motul gear 300 about 10 months ago. this was the first transmission service ever at 50,0000 miles. had OEM fluids in it before then.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
i occasionally track the car.. very rarely but it happens. and i drive very spirited on the road. i do a lot of shifting in general and A LOT of downshifting to engine brake. i just flushed and filled with motul gear 300 about 10 months ago. this was the first transmission service ever at 50,0000 miles. had OEM fluids in it before then.

I’d personally do 15k then…

For me that equates to every 4th oil change, as I do that at 5k intervals.

Easy enough to track intervals and do.

thegrandbull

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf R 6 mt
I’d personally do 15k then…

For me that equates to every 4th oil change, as I do that at 5k intervals.

Easy enough to track intervals and do.
can i change it without dumping the gear oil? because i only change that every 50k or so

thegrandbull

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7 Golf R 6 mt
Yeah words matter, big difference in what you asked. But good luck.
oh shit.. im sorry! i meant to ask about the transmission fluid filter i have no idea why i wrote haldex.. must have been thinking about two things at once. my bad...