GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hacked discover pro with CP as DTC/nav Update

aok94

Car(s)
passat 2015
Find your seller, maybe he blocked the maps for a certain year, if so, nothing can be done, he has to move the unit's software to accept newer versions of the maps, if you are going to pay him, tell him you want MapCare for lifetime
What is the number 023000XX shows sir?

aok94

Car(s)
passat 2015
Find your seller, maybe he blocked the maps for a certain year, if so, nothing can be done, he has to move the unit's software to accept newer versions of the maps, if you are going to pay him, tell him you want MapCare for lifetime
have you watch this,
What is "F" means?
is this what you said "force the installation "?

Artheg7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Tiguan SEL R Premium
Hello yes, you can update it that way, you will force the installation of the maps, but if your infotainment doesn't have the license to display them, you will lose the current installed version unless you reinstall it again.

sp00ky

Car(s)
VW
Hello
completely newbie here regarding Dicovery Pro,

I have buy this used unit and previous owner buy it unlocked from "vagtec.co.uk", didn't managed to install unit in the car yet.
Previous owner used only App connect.

I'm wondering if is possible to:

1. upgrade maps (EU) without locking device and how ?

2. upgrade firmware without locking device ?

3. Can this unit be upgraded to MIB2.5 in combination with old 8" screen or only new 8" screen can work with MIB2.5

4. Can some one write latest version numbers for EU MIB2 and MIB2.5 which can be unlocked ?

5. Can I worst case update unit to latest and then unlock unit again ?

20201006_220835 (1).jpg002.PNG003.PNG
20201006_220835 (1).jpg

simaservis1108

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Seat Leon 5F FR
3G0 is compatible with the 8" displays.

When you update software you will lose the "unlock" - I can fix that no problems.

Maps I can install lifetime FEC so you can update yourself in the future.

I can convert you unit to 5NA for use with 9.2" display.

sp00ky

Car(s)
VW
Thank you for fast answer.

3G0 is compatible with the 8" displays.
I can convert you unit to 5NA for use with 9.2" display.
If you convert unit to 5NA, can I use unit with old or new 8" display or only can work with 9.2" display after conversion ?

When you update software you will lose the "unlock" - I can fix that no problems.
Maps I can install lifetime FEC so you can update yourself in the future.
Can you send me PM with price to fix everything (upgrade, unlock, lifetime FEC)?
I have only VCDS for now, what other tools and hardware is needed to perform upgrade&unlock?

Last edited: