GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R Sport Springs on Golf

Woody_in_MN

Ready to race!
Howdy, So I am thinking about doing lowering springs on my MK7 TSI w/ 17 inch wheels. Are any of you guys running H&R Sport springs on your MK7? If so, how do you like them? My goal is to lower the car about 1.25 inchs, still have a comfortable daily driver, and if possible get a mild bump in handing. I live in Minnesota, so yes - we have pot holes. But I am a mature driver, and watch for bumps/pot holes. After doing some research, I think I am down to either the H&R Sport (which is more comfy than the Super Sport), or doing VWR Racingline Sport.

Thoughts?

- w

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
with the labor involved in the spring swap, its imo a better value to do shocks and mounts while you everything apart to do the springs...

tyramz

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 Spektrum Golf R
I have the Sports and I love them. Personally I think they check all of the boxes you are looking for and the super sports will definitely be to harsh of a drop/ride for you (especially if you don't plan on changing the shocks/struts)

Woody_in_MN

Ready to race!
I have the Sports and I love them. Personally I think they check all of the boxes you are looking for and the super sports will definitely be to harsh of a drop/ride for you (especially if you don't plan on changing the shocks/struts)

I don't plan on swapping out struts. How many miles do you have on the H&R Sports? The VWR springs seem to get all the attention on this forum. Surprised there is not more talk about the H&R springs.