GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

H&R OE Sport Springs?

Boomer719

Passed Driver's Ed
Only reason I haven't gotten these is because they are progressive and not linear. Is VWR the only linear option?

As well as DG's

I keep getting told that there are no DG springs available for the 2015 GTI yet I hear people constantly talking about them and how they effect ride height and ride quality.

What is the real scoop here? I would imagine someone overseas has to have some information that can be used here in the states regarding these springs......

dc22

Ready to race!
From what I've heard, the current DG springs are marketed for the golf. They are still applicable to the GTI, however, the drop is fairly marginal.

What I like about these springs is they offer a drop, but its a tad less aggressive than the VWR springs.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
From what I've heard, the current DG springs are marketed for the golf. They are still applicable to the GTI, however, the drop is fairly marginal.

What I like about these springs is they offer a drop, but its a tad less aggressive than the VWR springs.

EXACTLY!

It was like that with the MK5 & MK6 too.
The DG springs are designed for the Golf, but will fit/swap onto a GTI with no issues.

Since the Golf sits higher than a GTI from the factory, it'll drop it more. But they'll both have the same final drop height in the end.

dc22

Ready to race!
Just reviving this thread. Anyone running H&R yet? VWR is too low, DG springs ride too high for my taste...so these springs would be perfect.

dc22

Ready to race!
Not from my understanding - these will drop the gti slightly lower than the DG springs will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dc22

Ready to race!
the DG springs offer a .75 drop on the regular golf, not the gti which sits lower from the factory than the golf does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
You mean the DG's pair up better with the OEM dampers?

I've noticed across the forum you always say linear springs are better for OEM dampers.

Yes. The stock springs are also linear and the DGs have a similar spring rate. So they'll be better suited to the OEM dampers than the H&Rs.