GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My modded GTI....day by day.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
Just thought I'd make a journal of my car from day to day. My car is a 2015 GTI "S". Color is Grey (not sure the color code/name lol). I have quite a bit of experience modifying my cars so I decided from day one to do everything myself. Let's get to the pictures already. :)

Mods to date:

Stereo -

Alpine Type S Subwoofer
Alpine PDX V9
Audio Control LC2i inline converter

Exterior -

Carbon fiber mirror wings (purchased)
Carbon fiber fuel door (done by me)
Ed's dual LED GTI Projector Headlamps
6000k Mishimoto HID kit

Interior -

ECS Vent Gauge pod
ECS boost gauge
3M Tint 20% all around
Sylvania Glove Box 6k LED
Pilot Trunk 8k LED

Suspension -

DG Lowering Springs

Engine -

Neuspeed module
AEM short ram intake
ECS Manifold Boost Tap
Forge Motorsports Atmospheric BPV

Drivetrain -

Spulen Short Shifter (modified)
'Hacked' Shifter bushings

Last edited:

GoSlow75

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice! I like the mirror caps. Since I'm planning on lowering my own mk7 and I can't decide whether to buy the DG springs or the VWR springs... Is it possible for you to take a photo more from the side so the drop can be more visible? Thanks in advance and good luck with the car and with future mods!

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
Nice! I like the mirror caps. Since I'm planning on lowering my own mk7 and I can't decide whether to buy the DG springs or the VWR springs... Is it possible for you to take a photo more from the side so the drop can be more visible? Thanks in advance and good luck with the car and with future mods!
Thanks. I'll be taking more pictures as things progress with the car. I've got quite a bit in the making as we speak.

Jaxon2

Congratulations and great job on the mods so far. The DG springs look just about right on that car.

Regarding the audio - I don't know a lot about car audio, but I'm looking up your choices and trying to understand the benefits without getting overwhelmed with tech. I'm interested in a S model because don't want sunroof and want plaid seats. However I'd love to have the upgraded system that Fender offers with the other packages. If I could get something similar or better aftermarket that would still look OEM, that would be a perfect compromise. I'd love to see how it looks installed and if you have any opinion on your ultimate setup versus Fender, that would be great too.

Good luck with the car and I hope to join you soon.

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
Good to see the carbon fiber mirrors on CSG! I was thinking of doing that one of these days when I also have enough money to get a carbon fiber spoiler lip and maybe a carbon fiber front lip.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
Good to see the carbon fiber mirrors on CSG! I was thinking of doing that one of these days when I also have enough money to get a carbon fiber spoiler lip and maybe a carbon fiber front lip.
Just buy the regular primer front lip and spoiler lip and wrap em yourself. It's easier than you think.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
System so far. I'm building the custom box and layout as we speak.

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
I also changed the LED light for the trunk and glove box (yes unnecessary but now it matches the rest if the car like it should)

Trunk Pilot 8k??? LED

Glove box Sylvania 6k LED

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
People were requesting more pictures of the DG springs so I took some today.

VW Villan

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking at getting some carbon fibre mirror caps and like the look of these, would you recommend yours and if so where did you purchase from? I assume they're replacement caps rather than glued on?

ModfydGTI

Ready to race!
I'm looking at getting some carbon fibre mirror caps and like the look of these, would you recommend yours and if so where did you purchase from? I assume they're replacement caps rather than glued on?
Yes they are replacement caps. You need to make sure the seller specifies that it is the cap and not a stick on. Compare pictures. Otherwise ebay is the cheapest. They're all made the same way.