GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gtijake / Baun Performance Videos

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Hey Jake, do your 3" midpipes work with any other downpipes? Now that yours is out of production I'm looking for other options and wondering if any others with separate slip-fit reducers like APR or 034 would work with your resonated midpipe.

Thanks!

I was actually going to PM the same question.....OR.....what DPs could we get to mate up to your midpipe, plug-n-play?

I’m always willing to build them to accommodate whatever downpipe you want, the only stipulation being I need an accurate measurement from you if it’s not a downpipe I’ve built for before.

Otherwise it would have to be built to reduce to OEM size like every other mk7 part in the industry

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’ve got a buyer lined up for the original FMIC kit on my personal car so I can build myself a new one...so now the question is, polished stainless or pie cut titanium? Nothing wrong with what’s on there, but being that the original kit doesn’t look as cool as what I’m building these days I feel it’s time for an upgrade to better showcase my work.

I’ve never welded titanium and it’s insanely expensive, nor have I done any pie cuts (mostly because they’re mega time consuming). But for the cool factor and to make myself learn something new on the fly it’s very tempting (I like a good challenge). Biggest downside other than more than doubling the material cost is it’ll probably take 5x as long.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well Jake.... to showcase something like that knowing that it's more expensive, more time-consuming and that you probably won't make a production run of it I say why not? If it's going to be a one-off, you might as well, especially if you like a challenge.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
We’ll see, I really wanna build something titanium.

Was thinking center exit portion of my CBE, but a don’t have the tooling to build hand made tips and don’t want them to disappear looking at the rear of the car being single wall

llibgrebnek

Ready to race!
I’ve got a buyer lined up for the original FMIC kit on my personal car so I can build myself a new one...so now the question is, polished stainless or pie cut titanium? Nothing wrong with what’s on there, but being that the original kit doesn’t look as cool as what I’m building these days I feel it’s time for an upgrade to better showcase my work.

I’ve never welded titanium and it’s insanely expensive, nor have I done any pie cuts (mostly because they’re mega time consuming). But for the cool factor and to make myself learn something new on the fly it’s very tempting (I like a good challenge). Biggest downside other than more than doubling the material cost is it’ll probably take 5x as long.

Titanium thermal conductivity is about 1/10 of aluminum.

I surmise it may not cool the compressed air charge as well as aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Titanium thermal conductivity is about 1/10 of aluminum.

I surmise it may not cool the compressed air charge as well as aluminum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The run is so short it literally makes zero difference, the intercooler does the cooling not the charge pipes.

Everything I build is stainless fyi. This kit still performs as well or better than anything on the market for our cars.