GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Cayenne Turbo GTS

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
No vid. I went to get humus and some beef shawarma from a local place. On the way back I am stopped at a red light. A fat Asian kid pulls up beside me in a big SUV, it had big neon green brakes. He's listening to some type of soft house; I didn't hate it, but I did not like it enough to give him respect either. Light turns green, he takes off. Makes a good noise, the car moves, but not overly impressively I assumed he floored it, it was moving. Next light, same thing happens. Never launched this car in a race yet, probably never will. My highway onramp is coming up, and I'm hoping he takes it. He does. I gave it about 80% in second and I catch up to him relatively quickly; the turn for the onramp is sharpish; taking it at 80 KM/H on stock suspension and Indy's feels like you're trying. As we are exiting the turn, I hear him floor it, I do the same; spin a bit around 6K in second; move it into third, full throttle I pass him pretty easily, shifting around 6ish in third and into fourth I was a good 4-5 cars up on him. I thought they would put up a better fight. I turned on my hazards - because that's what's up; he saw the cherry red oem led's, but only the red pieces, because I haven't run a harness yet. Nevertheless he got hit with the cherries. Fat kid did a ricer flyby afterwards

Last edited:

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I came up on a Cayenne Turbo GT the other day and I was sad they didn’t want to find out if they were faster than a golf. Looks really heavy but hard to say how they’d do. Similarly, I got the best of a GLE63s AMG when I just had is38 and ots 91 tune on the same stretch.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Green Brakes means it's a Hybrid, either a "base" E-Hybrid or a Turbo S E-Hybrid. the standard car makes 455hp and traps 108 in the 1/4, the Turbo S makes like 670hp and traps ~120 in the 1/4mile. Based on how you pulled on him I'd wager it was a standard e-hybrid. They scoot for a big SUV so still a solid kill! Turbo S would probably be pretty close depending on your setup

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I didn't hate it, but I did not like it enough to give him respect either.

This type of colour commentary is what keeps me coming back to this forum