GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Mk7 exhaust gurgle/burble sounds

SnakeSoul

Hello everybody,
I'm wondering if I can make my exhaust sound like this GTI MK7 in the video:

I'm using CTS 3.5" downpipe (picture below) and IE Stage 2 ECU.
I've used the crackle tune, I didn't expect it to be way louder and different.

sefsefef.JPG

Crackles sounded pops and bangs, and always at higher RPM (3k+), it's so loud for me that I had to remove it.

In the video, however, it sounded mild and clean 'popopopoppopopop' at all RPMs (even idle), and that's exactly what I want.
I'm not sure if that's a different type of crackle, but I'd name it 'gurgle/burble', not POPS & BANGS.

I've googled different names and all I get is the loud 'crackles, pops and bangs'.

Thanks!

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
First off that dudes reving on cold start high idle which completely changes the sound.

Secondly the aggressiveness or lack there of is based on which tune you have and you never mentioned what you’re running.

If you’re running a stock catback add a Vibrant 17950 in place of the OEM resonator. There’s even a bolt on version for sale here used
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...rmance-resonated-midpipe.372585/#post-7416163

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
Catless downpipe and stock exhaust will produce natural burbles, but nothing like a tune for the pops and bangs

SnakeSoul

First off that dudes reving on cold start high idle which completely changes the sound.

Secondly the aggressiveness or lack there of is based on which tune you have and you never mentioned what you’re running.

If you’re running a stock catback add a Vibrant 17950 in place of the OEM resonator. There’s even a bolt on version for sale here used
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...rmance-resonated-midpipe.372585/#post-7416163

I see, I've just noticed the cold start part and compared it with the sound in the end of the video, makes sense.

Mine is running on the following:
CTS catback exhaust.
CTS downpipe (learned from Petey that mine is catted).
CTS turbo inlet.
IE Stage 2 ECU tune and DSG tune.

Catless downpipe and stock exhaust will produce natural burbles, but nothing like a tune for the pops and bangs

Alright, so, obviously I'm running on a catted downpipe.

Thanks guys.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Catted downpipe will also burble. Even the stock downpipe w/ a muffler delete will also produce burbles.

If you want to adjust the cracks n pops you will need to get a Cobb Accessport and get a pro-tune through a company that offers that feature, I used Stratified.