GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI front end conversion with parking sensors and auto-brake

iconoclast4130

Hello all, I have searched on multiple forums and online in general for more info but I've not had much luck. I've seen a few mk7 Golfs with the GTI front end conversion but none of them were on cars with the auto-brake sensor in the lower grille and parking sensors in the bumper. My car is a 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL so I have those sensors to deal with. From what I gather I can buy the GTI kit from DAP, buy a lower grille from a GTI with the auto-brake and put the holes and sensor brackets in the bumper and then I will be ready for paint and the normal swap work. Just looking to get any other info if anyone has done this or knows of what else I may need to consider. Thanks in advance!

iconoclast4130

For anyone searching for this sort of thing I wanted to post my results. The auto-brake sensor seems to sit farther behind the GTD/GTI lower grille than it did on the original one. I will be getting longer m6 bolts and spacers and those should bring it closer to the grille. Even with the current positioning the grille does not interfere with the sensor. Also, the Legit Speed plate mount works with the PDC sensors just fine. I will paste a link to the classified post that describes correct positioning for the plate mount below

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50599