GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Autobahn windshield cover

7thVW

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I looked at the old thread. Was considering Cover Craft, but the web site does not specify the cut out for the lane departure system. Should I go OEM?

Thanks

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
CoverCraft will have the proper fit, just be sure you specify the correct year - there are differences between them. I had a different CoverCraft sku for my '16 than my '19 R.

CoverCraft is the OEM supplier for BMW and others (not sure about VW). It's quality stuff.

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
I have the OEM, its a good shade but I hate rolling the damn thing up every time. Id rather have one that just folds instantly.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hi all,

I looked at the old thread. Was considering Cover Craft, but the web site does not specify the cut out for the lane departure system. Should I go OEM?

Thanks
I have the Cover Craft and I'm super happy with it. I don't have lane departure on my car but the cutout for the mirror is quite large.

20180615_171352.jpg

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I have the OEM, its a good shade but I hate rolling the damn thing up every time. Id rather have one that just folds instantly.

I fold mine in half and throw it in the back seat but I still find it a huge inconvenience. I just park in the shade whenever possible.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
I fold mine in half and throw it in the back seat but I still find it a huge inconvenience. I just park in the shade whenever possible.

Or just do AirBlue80 ;).

Have the CC one also and retro-fitted an auto-dim mirror with larger covering over the rain sensor. Still fits fine and works great.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I would stay away from CoverCraft. Their sizing sucks unless trialed many times.

Most people recommend the Covercraft, what do you recommend that is better, or you just had a Covercraft that sucked so you do not recommend.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Cover Craft Crew unite! 😄

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I recently bought a custom car cover from them and had to return it due to fitment issues. I did not know, but my buddies mentioned it appears to be a common thing with CoverCraft until they figure out the size based on customer feedback (not R&D on their own).

They refunded the product, but not sales tax I had to absorb.. which is not cheap on an expensive car cover in my area. Not only that, the cover marred my finish so I was not happy about that either as I had to re-polish a freshly detailed car. I have car covers for basically all cars I own so I know how to place one on the car without damage.

That was my experience with that company. I would not buy from them again.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Not only that, the cover marred my finish so I was not happy about that either as I had to re-polish a freshly detailed car.

Which one? I need to know as I have one coming in this week from them. Also, how badly marred?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I recently bought a custom car cover from them and had to return it due to fitment issues. I did not know, but my buddies mentioned it appears to be a common thing with CoverCraft until they figure out the size based on customer feedback (not R&D on their own).

They refunded the product, but not sales tax I had to absorb.. which is not cheap on an expensive car cover in my area. Not only that, the cover marred my finish so I was not happy about that either as I had to re-polish a freshly detailed car. I have car covers for basically all cars I own so I know how to place one on the car without damage.

That was my experience with that company. I would not buy from them again.
But this thread is about Sun shades....