GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD First service Cost

ihmix

Ready to race!
Hi All,

My Gtd is due its 1st service next month and I have just been quoted £199. Are they mental or is this how they plan to recoup there scandal payout. I thought the going rate was about £149?? Now looking at a service plan but not sure which is best value 2/3 or 4 years. Car has only covered 5500miles. All input and advice greatly appreciated.

ihmix

Ready to race!
Yeh it's 10k or 1 year which ever comes first. My mileage will be 6k so under the 10k but will be a year old.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
As said why are you getting it serviced at just over 5K (not 550k lol) miles? I had 3 services haggled in but sure it should be £150 max.

ihmix

Ready to race!
To keep the warranty intact. I thought everyone did this or am the odd one out. It clearly says on Vw website which ever come first 1 year or 10k miles. Not sure how I would stand if I had my first service after 20months then had a warranty issue. Perhaps I'm way off. ???

ihmix

Ready to race!
Loll my job changed and now only live 2 miles from work. Sod's law.

just curiouswhy you bought a diesel doing 5k a year?

Economics are not so black and white now. GTD cheaper than GTi, with much cheaper road tax, diesel often cheaper than petrol, more mpg, servicing costs similar and, potentialy, less depreciation, so annual mileage is not really a factor, like it used to be.

KGB1

Passed Driver's Ed
Welcome to Vw running cost's, £199 seem's to be the going rate for the yearly service, I'm frightened to ask them what a major service cost's.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Hi All,

My Gtd is due its 1st service next month and I have just been quoted £199. Are they mental or is this how they plan to recoup there scandal payout. I thought the going rate was about £149?? Now looking at a service plan but not sure which is best value 2/3 or 4 years. Car has only covered 5500miles. All input and advice greatly appreciated.

Are you sure your service due?. If you're getting the service warning in the MFD then it must be. However, I do about 7k per year and I'm expecting my first service when the car is 2 years old in March 2016 I didn't get any warning message when the car passed 1 yr old.

According to the sticker in the front cover or my book my service schedule is "QI6" Flexible Service

Oil Change Service - According to flexible service interval display (after 2 years at the latest)

Inspection - First service after 2 years or 20000 miles then every year or 20000 miles

It does however say in my book that the conditions the vehicle is used in / driving style will control the flexible service interval

BTW I paid £199 for three years service when I purchased the car so that will cover the first inspection at 2 years and the 2nd inspection due 1 yr later. It seems like quite a good deal now looking at what you've been quoted.

Last edited:

alan h

Ready to race!
Loll my job changed and now only live 2 miles from work. Sod's law.

As is the way, never mind sure youll enjoy it

i recon mpg wise you would get the same from a GTI and GTD with low miles but enjoy the GTI alot more (petrol is cheaper)

sure the major service is stupidly at 399 or similar when i asked

ihmix

Ready to race!
Ok just had an update from another dealer. First service 10k £187 20k £256 30k £187 40k £256. Service plans 2yr £359 3yr £479 4yr £719. [emoji15][emoji15]

Hugo Nebula

Ready to race!
My oil change service at 10,000 miles was £165.

According to my service book, for cars on a flexible service, the first oil change should be as per the display, but no more than 2 years. The first inspection service is due after 2 years or 20,000 miles. Are you sure that you do need an oil change or a service?

Maybe the trained chimpanzees at VW are confusing an oil change with an inspection service.