GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTD CG Ordered - BW18 Confirmed

breeza

Been happy with my black MK6 2.0 GT TDI for the past five years and 100k miles. Always wanted a GTD so have taken the plunge:

Golf Mk7 GTD, 5 door, manual
The showroom model was Carbon Grey and it looked fantastic! Had black for my past three cars so have gone with CG for a change. Also added Winter pack, Keyless and Park assist. Would have liked the Discovery Pro and Dynaudio as well but couldn't justify the cost.

Ordered on 20/02/2014 and negotiated 11% discount and at that point was quoted a 22 week lead time. The following week when the order had been accepted I received an estimated build week of 20.

After browsing the forum and getting caught up in everyone's enthusiasm couldn't resist and added the rear view camera to the order on 25/03/2014. One of the cheaper options for what looks like a fun bit of tech.

Been pressing F5 on the order tracker but got a text with build week 18 (27/04/2014) confirmed on 04/04/2014! Should hopefully arrive early June so that's about 15/16 weeks from order date - much quicker than the original quote.

Delivery check list so far:
Collect in wraps
Suspension transport pucks
GTD badge on keys
MDI cable/adapter
EU number plates
No dealer stickers or road tax holder
Data sticker with paint code in service manual
Locking wheel nut in boot

Will get together some detailing gear and LEDs to help with the wait and also look to track down a helpful soul with a VCDS to enable the alarm chirp :)

tick tock . . .

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Tick tock.... that is going to drive you mad. Looks like the order tracker has yet another slave.

I had 15 week wait but it was well worth it. Had my GTD for 9 days now and I love it. Nearer the time id 'remind' your dealer about the GTD key badge. My dealer had to order mine specially. My wife tutted and rolled her eyes when she saw the keys asking what the fuss was about. Sorry but I want the full GTD experience!

breeza

Glad you are enjoying your GTD:)

Thought the key badges were supposed to be included with the car from the factory but need to be fitted by the dealer?

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I think it varies. My salesman said that sometimes the key badges come with the car, sometimes they don't. It was no problem it only took a couple of days and its a 5 minute job to take the key to bits and replace the metal bit. And this is what it looks like !

Worth the fuss, I'm sure you'll agree.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Ha ha!! You can't explain it....

My brother who took delivery of a Mk 7 GT Estate a few weeks before my GTD also tutted and rolled his eyes when spotted my key tonight.

Id expected a little solidarity from him. I dont care I wanted the proper key!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
At least you get it here Chris!

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Only a couple of weeks or so to go then!