GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTA V announced!

ImmI

Ready to race!
So GTA V was officially announced today with an upcoming trailer scheduled for release on the 2nd of November, no other details revealed so far but we now know it's coming for sure.

Being a HUUUUUUGE GTA fan I'm so excited! Anyone else looking forward to the game?

http://www.rockstargames.com/

ImmI

Ready to race!
Nothing is known as of yet :(
But I will update this thread if some useful information is given in the trailer.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nothing WILL be known until trailer and product releases are given. Rockstar got pissed during the GTA4 leak and cracked down. I think they'll keep this tight lipped for a while

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
OMG PLEASE BE VICE CITY AGAIN.

Must admit I actually didn't beat GTA4, it kinda lost me about halfway through I keep wanting to beat it. Vice City and San Andreas? Different story. All of the Scarface/Miami Vice nods made Vice City a terrific experience (the soundtrack was just brilliant). I lived in SoCal during the late 80's and early 90's so San Andreas was like a trip down memory lane. The first time you go riding a BMX bike through LA with opposing gangs shooting at you...just awesome.

Rockstar's talent level makes me want to work there in game design.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Hopefully they changed the driving mechanics so every car doesn't ride like it's on half inflated balloons and 70 year old struts.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
They did a good job tightening up the driving quality in the two expansions for GTAIV...Ballad boosted the car handling, TLATD majorly improved the bikes. Vice City was my favorite because the bikes were amazing...this brought GTAIV up to that level. I hated driving bikes with Niko. I am a handbrake wizard, though...I drive like a maniac in GTA and use the handbrake exclusively when I turn...so fun.

LOVED GTA IV and all the add on's after. Ballad of Gay Tony was epic.

CAN NOT WAIT!

JhnR

Banned
Yes im in this. Im a big fan i still have GTA4 and still play it occasionally. In for more!

EDIT: Please tell me this is for 360. We could all play it online later on.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yes im in this. Im a big fan i still have GTA4 and still play it occasionally. In for more!

EDIT: Please tell me this is for 360. We could all play it online later on.

It will be. Ever since they've opened it up to 360 and PS3 platforms theres really no turning back. They'd be crazy to take it back.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Awesome! San Andreas and gta4 were probably my two favorite single player games, ever. I don't think I have the time to play through another gta these days though :(

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
LOVED GTA IV and all the add on's after. Ballad of Gay Tony was epic.

CAN NOT WAIT!

The conversations between Luis and his buddies whenever he got in the SUV on the drug deal missions were absolutely hilarious. The one when he points out how they don't actually make money, just struggle to break even is the best.

The writing is so well done in this series. I am a huge RPG fan but no single game comes close in my book...the entire GTA series is the absolute pinnacle of gaming as art.

TLATD did'nt have much funny stuff...just a dark, edgy story...sort of a departure. They did add some cool mechanics with the group ride outs and team stats, though.

Ultimately, the best overall storyline was Niko's, though. It was basically like playing the main character in a surprisingly well written movie. Everything was so complete and fleshed out.