Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Wtf? Did the box get shot with like a .22 or something?!?
I know......that or some metal rod wasn't secured and shot right through....

either way....submitted a claim through that extra "insurance" I accidentally opted for........WITH pics......I opted for a replacement wheel, so hopefully it will be approved in the next two days and I can continue to mount tires on Friday

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So just to document......

23 May
1400 - Wheels arrived
2000 - Inspection showed damage
2145 - replied to Neuspeed wheel shipping email with issues and pics
2145 - replied to separate Neuspeed general email about wheels, with same email and pics

24 May
0800 - submitted claim through their "add-on" insurance, which sent me an email after I purchased the wheels.....claimed damage, uploaded pics and requested replacement

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Best Case: They just ship you a new wheel, say "No need to return that one", and you have a full sized spare with slight cosmetic damage.
2nd Best Case: They ship you a new wheel, and give you a label to return the damaged one when you get the new one.
Most Likely Case With An OK End Result But Even More Disappointing In The Meantime: They give you a label to return the damaged one, and will send you a new one when the damage ones return is processed.
Worst Unlikely Case: We'll stop at the one above...

Hoping that especially since you paid extra for the insurance, they just ship you a new wheel without having to return that one. Like you said, it doesn't look structural, so having a full sized spare with minor cosmetic damage would be dope. Really hoping they don't make you do the dance of returning the damaged one before they'll ship you a new one, making you wait an additional 1 - 2 weeks before you can get them mounted and on the car :(

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Best Case: They just ship you a new wheel, say "No need to return that one", and you have a full sized spare with slight cosmetic damage.
2nd Best Case: They ship you a new wheel, and give you a label to return the damaged one when you get the new one.
Most Likely Case With An OK End Result But Even More Disappointing In The Meantime: They give you a label to return the damaged one, and will send you a new one when the damage ones return is processed.
Worst Unlikely Case: We'll stop at the one above...

Hoping that especially since you paid extra for the insurance, they just ship you a new wheel without having to return that one. Like you said, it doesn't look structural, so having a full sized spare with minor cosmetic damage would be dope. Really hoping they don't make you do the dance of returning the damaged one before they'll ship you a new one, making you wait an additional 1 - 2 weeks before you can get them mounted and on the car :(
yeah you nailed the options....if they really ask for the damaged wheel back I'm going to be bummed......talk about huge delay....can't mount it until they make a decision, so they're sitting in my front room, continuing to cure lol

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
yeah you nailed the options....if they really ask for the damaged wheel back I'm going to be bummed......talk about huge delay....can't mount it until they make a decision, so they're sitting in my front room, continuing to cure lol

I don't blame you. Like I said, the end result will be ok, but as someone who doesn't have any patience... Nothing kills excitement like waiting for a wheel to be shipped back and forth :(

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Like me trying to wait for my new pressure washer, which is the key item in my whole car care revamp. It's been 5 days now and it still hasn't shipped!! 😡😡

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Well, that sucks. I am really considering those wheels for my winters if I ever decide to get rid of the OEM ones. Either that or sending the OEM to widen and powder coat them... weirdly enough, I kinda like them. Did you get a "paint prep" solution? Since you got the Gtechniq coating, I would suggest you use their Panel Wipe before applying the coating. Don't use it full strength, dilute with distilled or RO water 1:1, as it is one of the strongest paint prep and will stain or make the paint swell if you are not careful. I use Optimum Paint Prep and never had any issues, but it is formulated to work with Optimum Coatings.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Like me trying to wait for my new pressure washer, which is the key item in my whole car care revamp. It's been 5 days now and it still hasn't shipped!! 😡😡
oh yeah...I'm really impatient, but hands are tied until I hear back....hopefully today....I'll post up so everyone can have for future reference

Well, that sucks. I am really considering those wheels for my winters if I ever decide to get rid of the OEM ones. Either that or sending the OEM to widen and powder coat them... weirdly enough, I kinda like them. Did you get a "paint prep" solution? Since you got the Gtechniq coating, I would suggest you use their Panel Wipe before applying the coating. Don't use it full strength, dilute with distilled or RO water 1:1, as it is one of the strongest paint prep and will stain or make the paint swell if you are not careful. I use Optimum Paint Prep and never had any issues, but it is formulated to work with Optimum Coatings.
Great recommendation! It's obvious in your recommendations you've done this professionally lol. On your first note........these wheels are sexy in person...moreso than I really thought....the matte gun metal is awesome too....can't wait to see them in the sunlight

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Neuspeed Update:

1104 - received email back from wheels@neuspeed apologizing for issue and saying it was definitely shipping (UPS) issue and said since I opted for the route insurance, to submit a claim through them.

1105 - I replied back relaying I had already submitted a claim and I wanted to confirm route's wording in that they would then submit claim and pics to Neuspeed for approval (sounds circular to me). And then what the way ahead is.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Neuspeed Update:

1109 - Neuspeed responded acknowledging and said it is now waiting to hear from route.

A+ for response time at least with Neuspeed office

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Neuspeed Update:

1104 - received email back from wheels@neuspeed apologizing for issue and saying it was definitely shipping (UPS) issue and said since I opted for the route insurance, to submit a claim through them.

I'm just curious what would have happened if you didn't pay for the route insurance? It's on Neuspeed to already make sure they get to you undamaged.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm just curious what would have happened if you didn't pay for the route insurance? It's on Neuspeed to already make sure they get to you undamaged.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah......I know........I'm glad I did, but would be furious had I not and they just hang it on "deal with UPS"....

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah......I know........I'm glad I did, but would be furious had I not and they just hang it on "deal with UPS"....
That would get an instant charge back from me.