GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Greta's Reise

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
CONSTANT EDIT - Updated Mod list (AKA... how much money have I spent. :ROFLMAO: )
  • Euro Front Plate
  • Muddy Buddy floor mats.
  • Removed clutch pedal spring
  • Removed clutch delay valve
  • Urotuning Shifter bracket bushings
  • Urotuning Shifter endlink bushings
  • Racingline Dogbone lower mount (not installed yet)
  • JB4 w/ Bluetooth

She arrived today, and already has a name. Meet Greta, my 2019 Pure White S manual.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200402135537643_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200402_151142.jpg

Plans is to drive it and see what I feel is lacking, then start modding from there.

Ultimately it's like to start doing track days again. I miss them, even if I stayed in Novice.

755514.jpg

I read that I my old helmets won't work though- SA rated is the name of the car helmet game. ?

Thanks for humoring me, and for the things I've already learned from you.

Later,
Carlos

Last edited:

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I took off the front plate, and they mauled the bumper... five holes. So I got her a name plate to cover up that mess...
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200408120049574_COVER.jpg

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Helmet depends on group and/or track rules. Some allow M, but most require SA2010 or newer, and I suspect some will start dropping 2010s soon if they haven't already.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
"Greta" as in Greta the Doom Goblin?
Ha! No, because the mods I'll eventually have definitely will not increase miles per gallon. 😂

Helmet depends on group and/or track rules. Some allow M, but most require SA2010 or newer, and I suspect some will start dropping 2010s soon if they haven't already.
That makes sense. I think I read that April is when they drop the new specifications so the 2020s are probably coming out soon.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ha! No, because the mods I'll eventually have definitely will not increase miles per gallon. 😂

That makes sense. I think I read that April is when they drop the new specifications so the 2020s are probably coming out soon.

You might be surprised. After all my mods and a proper tune my MPG is up considerably.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Removed the clutch spring in like 5 seconds.

On the other hand, the clutch delay valve took much longer (still not done). I had all the right tools for the job, but the actual bleeding process was frustrating. The pedal felt okay, but not as stiff as it was an hour or so earlier. I'm heading out again today after work to bleed it again, but I have a few thoughts that might make it better.

I used a Mityvac on the bleeder valve, but I noticed a couple of things:
  • As the screw wiggled, it would always show air bubbles.
  • The fluid seemed to come up nicely as the pressure dropped around 5psi. I think ~15 might be too much, and I was pulling air past the o-ring.
  • The front is slightly raised due to my driveway slant. Not sure if this is better or worse for flow.
  • I also didn't use the Mityvac correctly. Apparently I thought that since I used one 15 years ago, that I didn't need to read the instructions or reacquaint myself with one. :ROFLMAO: I didn't have any fluid in the catch bottle, and didn't have the small tube in the catch bottle. 🤦‍♂️
I'm guessing those things will fix my issues.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I bought a ECSTuning one way valve for when I do the clutch bleed.. that replaces the delay valve.

My buddy who has a GTI let me drive his car with the delay valve removed a while back. It was negligible if that really improved the overall feel of the clutch. Granted I don't know what his clutch felt like before and I was wearing dress shoes at the time, but it was as numb as my Golf-R's clutch with the bypass valve still installed and clutch spring removed. So I've not been in a rush to replace the valve.

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I installed billet shifter bracket bushings as well as the endlink bushings, then re-synced the cables. Huge difference!

I went with the VeltSports from Urotuning:
1589725032814.png
1589725045941.png